I hate Verizon

After having a nightmare with their cell service and over the last few months getting charged hundreds of dollars in fees which they could not explain at all on our shop’s phone service I cancelled with them 2 weeks ago…so I thought.

We’ve been using our new phone service since then and today I called Verizon to try and pay our closing balance.

The first two calls I was put on hold multiple times and after about 15 minutes each time, they hung up.

The third time I was on the line for 30 minutes and the end result was they gave me a confirmation number for cancellation of internet service, and an order # for cancellation of the phone service which had not completed. They couldn’t tell me when cancellation of phone service would complete or what our final balance was. Apparently 2 weeks isn’t enough time for them. They proceeded to tell me it may be up to 8 weeks before I receive a final bill. It sounds like they’re trying to get another month or so of phone billing out of us.

They claim the hundreds of dollars in random fees is for “periodic service fees” which they couldn’t describe other than to say they are assessed on a periodic basis. I asked how often these new charges would be assessed, annually, quarterly? They said it’s not on a regular basis. So I ask what they’re based on and what they’re for… “That’s handled by the corporate office.” I told them I want the number to the corporate office then. They said the corporate office can only be reached from a Verizon satellite office. We weren’t warned in any way that these new charges would be appearing on our bills.

Could they be more shady? Consider yourselves warned…

that sounds like landline.

wireless is a seperate company.

yea land line but i would call back and try a supe first thing out of your mouth

Well, if the land line are shady… so is the wireless division.

I left one job, and had to pull my phone from the company. (They paid for my phone, but I was allowed to keep my number)

When I left, I went to VZWireless’ store and told them to pull the phone back to me personally.

They said “you’ll be pro-rated a few bucks” and I agreed that was an acceptable condition.

I was on the 450 plan, so I used my #MIN to check my minutes as I hadn’t paid for my own phone for a year and didn’t really know what I used.

When I got close to 450, I upgraded my account to 900 and agreed to the pro-rate fees again.

Well… end of the month comes and I have a $800 bill. They told me that I went over my minutes by 411, because when I left the company I had only 39 left for the month.

My phone doing #MIN didn’t mention this, nor did the guy behind the counter.

They took the extra funds off, after I explained what happened. It wasn’t simple either, and involved almost yelling and saying “Don’t you dare fuck me in the ass over your mistake!” (Literally said that)

NEXT MONTH, I get late fees, and another $500 bill. The lady messed up the last months problems and I got billed again a whole bunch of extra minutes that I didn’t use. Trying to explain what happened last month to a person who sees new issues on this months bill was a time consuming and annoying process.

This is month 5, and I finally have my bill straight. #MIN shows my minutes correctly, and my 2 year contract is up.

My girlfriend is the only reason I keep verizon. Free IN calling/text/pix.

I miss my Cingular with roll-over. They had great service too, when I was with them 5 years ago…

verizon did the same type of thing to me when i had land line and DSL a few years back. I called to cancel it 5 times, and every time they told me I was all set and cancelled. They did cut the land line and DSL, but yet I would still get bills for usage after it was cancelled. Took me almost 3 months for them to finally stop billing me.

Wireless is COMPLETELY seperate except for who owns it.

both dollars and minutes are prorated. this should be common sense.

anyway, you got a bad sales rep. it shouldnt have taken that long, next time, find a good rep, or call it in. call center reps are non commission, and depending on your tone of voice and the guy who called before you, willing to bend over backwards for you.

just sayin. i dont care one way or the other, I own no stock in vzw and dont work in retail anymore.

Since you have a business you may want to go through someone you can hold accountable like one communications. They will still be using verizons lines cause pretty much no matter what you have to use their copper but you do have a say in who is going to provide you with your service. Come to think of it Shage on buffalo scooby works for paetec i think… He may be able to point you in their direction.

As far as verizon’s cell service, i wouldnt consider anyone else. At&t can have their iphone im keeping reliabe service over their 3g network anyday.

you do realize that VZW’s evdo, which has been live for years and has extensive coverage, is 3g?

i do now… either way i have much better reception than anyone i know with at&t.

I never was a fan of their wireless division but I have their Internet and Phone service with Direct TV at home and its the same thing.

Our internet has been down constantly ever since we started using it. It used to sit with one person on AIM but now that there is 5 of us on it, it constantly will disconnects. Anytime we call they tell us they will be out in 3 days and never end up coming since it eventually connects again.

its always a pain to deal with anyone there for ANY of their services. If you get random bills that you can dispute, don’t be afraid to take them to small claims court. I told them I would for some VZW charges they tried to hit me with when I canceled my line and the finally backed up.

Refuse to settle too. They are all about charging you for example $200 in random crap you never used or did and when you complain, they say “Oh well we can knock it down to $100” which is them still screwing you.

verizon is so horrible to deal with because every part of their organization is a separate company. sales, customer service, technical support, construction etc. are all fighting with each other all of the time due to this… god it is such a cluster fucker. just be glad you only have a few services you have to manage, try doing it with multiple data/voice services :suicideplz:

just keep escalating to supervisors without remorse until it is resolved there is nothing else you can do unfortunately.

verizon owes me 150 bucks… I gave up trying to get it back… it was just a pain in the ass

I bring in the bank statement saying 150 was taken out of my bank account by verizon. and they could not explain why/where/ or what

that is like that with any big company now a days sadly. ATT is the same way.

file a dispute with your bank. when verizon sees the money go byebye, they will suddenly care.

meh… at&t w/ rollover ftw

never had a problem with a bill in almost 5 years

<-------waiting right now for the Verizon guy to get here to fix a line problem with my DSL. I moved literally 4 houses down, and it took them 9 days to “create a DSL circuit” or whatever. The day it went “live” (16th) I got nada. Oh, he was supposed to be here between 8 and 12 noon, it’s now 12:37

I have been dealing with Verizon land line and DSL for 8 years now… never had a problem. Then again I have never really had a problem with customer service.

One really bad Dell conversation though, but that was a sketchy call to begin with on my part. But I have dealt with Dell, McAfee, Software suppliers, Sprint, Sony, AOL, Time Warner, Adelphia, car parts sights, credit cards, banks, and various other calls. Never on any customer service call have I ever had a hard time.

After talking to some people about their experiences, I considered selling my time to people to make service calls for them. Any time my parents need something adjusted in billing for anything, I am usually the one that calls for them.

I would have… but that was such a long time ago. I gave up a while ago…

i agree. bill wise they always credit me when i have an issue with something and helped out. getting an issue resolved tho when i first signed up and tried to get a new phone which was a cross department procedure was a headache tho.

this isnt a cell phone thread

um… cool. but it’s an OT thread sooo

http://www.mattwardman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/kiss-my-ass-2-1.jpg

edit: don’t you not even work for them anymore? so :whogives: