I really hate airlines...

So let me get this straight.

For me to fly from San Diego to Utah, then back to LAX, then out to Honolulu is less than half the price of flying directly out of LAX to Honolulu on the SAME flight I would be taking anyhow???

I understand the way it works with filling flights, but you have got to be fucking kidding me with some of this shit. It’s a 5.5 hour flight from the west coast to Hawaii, but because of this retarded bullshit I’m going to end up spending 15 hours travelling around the country before getting to my destination.

Fuckers.

/Rant.

If anyone has any good deals on flights, let me know. I’m getting killed here.

or pay the money to fly direct…

I saw an Accord with Hawaii plates once.

Actually twice.

:tdown: It’s a significant increase. It’s actually cheaper to fly RT from Buffalo to Hawaii than to take a one way direct flight.

Will you fit in a fedex next day air box?

Tried already. No go. :frowning:

I could probably get you a deal through Fedex Freight. LOL.

price are based on demand and availibility, such is life.

If it was just demand and availability, the price wouldn’t go DOWN when you add more flights to the same final flight, right? In my case, just using random numbers…

Flight 456 costs $950

BUT

Flight 3232+Flight 1255+Flight 456 costs $300.

Buy the connecting bullshit, Just go to LAX and get on the one to hawaii?

Or do they have a way of stopping you from doing that.

i wonder if you could book the cheaper flight, print the boarding pass for lax to hawaii and just catch it in lax, and just say you missed the flight to utah and drove to lax

i was thinking this same thing

Call the airline and see if there’s anything they can do for you? Worth a shot at least.

something is missing here.

that doesn’t sound possible assuming the same trip for Flight 456. If it is true then buy the combo and only use the one flight that you need.

Good idea, but how would he get from San Diego —> LAX?

This skipping flights idea isn’t bad. hmmmm

I’m going to look into it. I’ll update once I figure it out. Getting to LAX from SD may not be too bad.

I’m telling you man, it’s how it is. I’ll post the actual flight #'s and prices later when I have time. This is why it’s so frustrating or else I wouldn’t give a fuck. The only way that I was able to see the LAX-HNL flight was because it was in a combo. So I looked up JUST that flight and thought I broke something.

depending on the time of day I-5 isnt too bad until you actually hit LA

If you don’t check in at the originating airport; the rest of your tickets become null/void.

damnit