i want to scream...

considering they are paying for everything and there were 2 times someone was with me to witness the shop…the side u are reading is what happened…and like i said numerous times i doubt they did anything intentional and i dont think this sort of thing happensoften for them, but they screwed up and they are fixing it.

so the story is a lot longer than what is posted up on here…but ill just go right to all the stuff the shop ended up putting on the car…called him today and its finally done after 2 weeks and thousands of dollars worth of labor…it is ready to rock and EVERYTHING is free!!!

thermostat
timing belt
timing belt tensioner
timing belt idler
alternator belt
unorthodox racing crank pulley ( i paid for the pulley)
seal for the rear main
slave cylinder
master cylinder for clutch
clutch
and he did something with the forks also? not sure
…there has to be things i forgot but ill post thim up later today…i find this ammusing

free= rules

now will you disclose said shop? seems like they went about the businesss of doing it right - parts/labor at no charge.

At Your Service car Care…in Clarence…they ARE nice dudes, bad luck or something, who knows, they took care of me big time…afterwards, anyways…they have spent numerous whole days working on my car…taking the transmission out and back on and out and back on and…Zs are gay to work on :tup: to them for taking care of whatever happened i guess…even tho i had no car for 2 weeks, it turned out well HOPEFULLY its the end of this

:tup:

Paul is a good guy… and he obviously knows how to work on domestics.

At least they did the right thing… I wouldn’t mind giving them business… not on the GT, but maybe something less “rare”

yea paul did little work to my car but talked to him a few times hes pretty cool

good to hear its done finally…hope its FIXED this time

:tup: to the stripemobile running again

its like any car Andy …they get old and u start doing things to them and shit happens

well i got it back, it drove amazing for the first few miles…now…something is slipping…for example…i was in 3rd at 2500rpm…put the pedal to the floor…the revs go WHAAAAA but the car barely accelerates…the revs will like hit a wall and the car will take a few seconds to catch up with the revs…almost as if there is bad traction on the ground…but…there isnt…is this the clutch?(i hope not considering it is BRAND NEW

you know you are supposed to break in a clutch right? or else it will glaze and get ruined…

haha the mechanic told me it drives great so feel free to pound on it :bloated: but i didnt know it needed a break in process…i jsut thought it would wear in after a whie…so is this normal for a new clutch? or what do i do…it is HARD as a mofo to depress btw

no u are suppoesed to break-in the clutch 250-500 miles before really pounding on it…u prolly glazed it and pissed it off now its ruined…what kind of cluth is in it

oem? i dont know i wasnt beating it, i just pushed the pedal down to the floor

if it is the clutch that is slipping, i might be ruined. it could also be that the throwout bearing or actuation arm is sticking, preventing the clutch from fully engaging. You really arent supposed to pound on a new clutch for 1000 miles or so… Definitely stop doing that right now and DONT launch the car on a new clutch

do u smell anythign funny(burning) when u do it

smelled very funny when i got in the car

this is gay

time for a new cluch again…u can prolly get away wit h just buyin a a clutch disk…u shouldnt need the pressure plate…but ur flywheel will once again need to be resurfaced…yada yada yada…did they do the pilot bushing and throw out bearing with the clutch???

yep they replaced EVERYTHING disc, pressure plate, pivotball, throwout bearing, etc. etc.

how long would it have taken to get ruined…i drove it normal for 10 minutes (from the mechanics to work)
unless they were “testing it out”