If you did it again would you do it the same?

Big hp… wuts your idea for big hp… Personally Id go vg30 dett, 2200 us for a front clip, and 1500 us for the mount kit including driveshaft and so on and so forth http://www.180sxfaktory.com/ Check it out… 300 hp, almost the same in torque stock! And the big thing, different!!!

“If you did it again”

S2000 or 350Z

if i did it again i would buy a sw20 mr2 because
Mr2 > 240sx
MR>FR

For 5gs you can go to the U.S and buy a mint low km turbo mr2 with some nice mods on it and get it legal in canada for under 7

They’re not that great of a car. I love how they look, but that’s about it.

Why does MR > FR? Please explain. I’m a newb.

I’m also curious as well, not b/c I don’t have any views of my own, but I just want to see crsbb try and explain it.

The reason why in my opinion MR is better than FR is because adding to all the plus’s of FR (balance, lack of torque steer, and pretty much having the rear wheels push you threw a turn instead of the front wheels try to pull you threw) in addition to still having all these traits you also have more weight on the rear wheels. More weight means more traction. More traction means better launching than a FR car. The reason behind this is because when you are launching all the wieght shifts back to the rear. FR is better than FF because it pushes the wheels that have the power down creating more traction but MR trumps FR because in addition to the force it has the added weight of the engine. Secondly if you sit in front of the engine the front of the car can be lower. this reduces area which reduces center of gravity.

Handling - This will be tough to explain on the internet
The weight of a MR car is in the middle. There is less force tending to spin the car when cornering the car VS front engined car, which is more like a dumbell if you think about it.

So in addition to all the great characteristics of FR, MR just adds more to the mix making MR>FR

and for looks. All this car has is a bodykit, rims and new paint and imo looks better than 99.5% of all 240s I have ever seen. but looks are up to each individual person. So thats what i would do if i could do it all over again.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1769/5274711zr7.jpg

I havn’t even done anything yet, but I want to just SOHC swap to DOHC and then ka24de-t…thats all I really want or need. spend the rest on gas and insurance lol

hit the nail on the head bro

FR cars exist with 50/50 weight distribution. They’re not even all that rare. Shit an S2000 is just as good of a sportscar as an NSX, and the NSX is my favourite car.

exactly and what even mods can afford here and there… i constantly worry about my sohc that timing chain noise. i dont like it.

I think the reason you’re finding it tough is because you have it backwards, and then you followed it up by posting a picture of a car with a reputation for having pretty bad oversteer.

how is this backwards? the weight of a mid-engined car is concentrated at the middle, there is less force tending to spin the car when it corners than a front-engined car. and yes the 90-91 mr2 were known for snap oversteer if you couldnt drive them just right but 91-95 they made some adjustments.

acutally the 2nd gn mr2 as a whole exhibited oversteer in a number of conditions. The first gen was actually better when it came to cornering characteristics.

In the end… it all depends on the driver skill. The MR chassis has the potential to be the faster layout, however normally skill level dictates that the FR chassis will be faster. it IS harder to drive an MR chassis.

basic example is this… hit up GT4. grab an nsx and a supra and see which one is harded to lap around most tracks. youll quickly see where each of the cars does its magic.

GT

mid engine cars have more weigh in the rear, an MR2 is more than 60|% rear weight

that is a lot of force on the rear tires and when they let go the momentum of the engine keeps it sliding

the rearward weight rewards it in braking and off throttle turn in as well as on throttle acceleration, the only disadvantage can sometimes be exit corner understeer, but you can set it up to be neutral (scary though)

but when shes goes oooeee she goes, keeping it on the limit is more rewardnig though

a front engine car has less weight ovfer the rear so when it slides it just scrubs speed and regains traction. no big deal. FR cars have a closer to 50:50 weight balance - almost always

so you do have it backwards and your thinking is wrong, sorry dude!

Well, I don’t know 10 s-chassis cars with an RB series in it but the one I do I worked over pretty good…and that was the big RB swap too. :slight_smile:

2007 is a whole new year though.

240sx 53/47%
mr2 gt 45/55%

there is only a 2% difference between the two. I agree after you pass the limits of the mr2 it it alot harder to regain control but until you get there the mr2 outhandles a 240sx. But again this is what I would do as I believe Mr2 is a far superior car to the 240sx. To bad there just so rare. Well lhd ones atleast

Dude, have you even driven an MR2. And I mean like driven it to the point where you’re pushing it to it’s limits? And same with the 240sx? It seems to me like you’re one of those guys who love to praise another car when you have not even driven it.

I think a lot of this has to do with the driver and how the car is setup. I’m sick of hearing all this “oh yeah this car is so much better, blah blah blah, etc”

Just shut up.

MR2 won’t outhandle a 240SX due to driver most of the time. They are scary to drive. After a brisk driving session, the owner of an MR2 turbo was amazed with my car and was asking me how I can push it so hard. He said that if he was taking the corners at the same speed as me, he would spin out and die.

I didn’t actually read any of this thread because it should be obvious.

KEEP IT THE FUCK STOCK.

Even if I could do it over with my coupe, I would have never gone SR. Aferall, WTF is the point?