If you guys hated me for putting HIDs in anything check this out

doettt

I might have to. Im literally blind at night, its bad. I cant see the lines in the road or anything. Kinda scary haha. I’ve scared lots of people driving with me at night. If its raining, forget about it, the governor would probably be able to see as good as me at that point

there’s really no need to run their own 12v source.

the current draw of most HID ballasts is around 6A for a few seconds at startup, at most, which is about the same as a halogen bulb is ALWAYS.

most HID kits come with a plug and play harness.

marty buy a set, in fact, idk your bulb size but I have a couple H7 sets you could try…3000k and 6000k. yellow and blue. dunno what your bulb size is though, probably not H7 :rofl

regardless if you swing by after you buy a set ill install them for you

Yeah…I’ll have to think about it…I usually hate the annoying HID lights, but i think in my situation it might be a good idea. Are they a combination hi/lo beam bulb?

Feel free to give me a call tomorrow 518-456-7698 or just stop in. Im there from 10AM to 6PM. You can even help benny out by buying his ballasts and picking up a set of bulbs! Happy day for all!

I gotta go down to the city tomorrow to pick up some friends from the airport…maybe i’ll try to get up there later in the week depending on how crazy things get

jay, have you ever thought of doing projector retrofits?

Just outa curiosity how do you know this?

Not trying to be a dick just wondering

I don’t know you but;

It is a testament to the sick state of our world, that anyone who calls themselves “Gearhead Performance” then proceeds to gloat about how they sell the most drop-in HID kits in the Capital District.

You gotta go with what makes the money. From what I gather from the website, he sells damn near everything.

well to all the dicks with the “Gearhead joints” i’m the guy infront of you slowing down to a fuckin crawl just to piss you off… and comparing modifying your exhaust to putting in lights that blind other people on the road is fuckin retarded.

BD Folms- I’m pretty sure I sell the most because I see the end results more than the results of the competition. I have a very good memory and a good reputation for these drop-ins. People really do come from all around for these and I sell them from A TON of different locations.

DannyBoy - I know you don’t know me but 97 has the right idea. I’m not gloating about anything, just stating facts. I sell everything under the sun, but as far as publicity goes, both good and bad, the drop-in debate seems to be a hot topic and draws me in A LOT of attention. I use the Drop-ins to inspire people to begin to modify their vehicles with the rest of the performance parts that I sell. To be honest, I still sell more performance parts than I sell HID kits. There really is a method behind my madness and it’s working rather well.

BigRed - I am seriously thinking about offering a lot of different options for making these lights less obnoxious for other drivers. I know it’s sometimes really excessive and I have a good database of which cas seem to be the most “annoying”. I honestly would love to sell a set of proper housings with every kit that I sell, but for some people the prospect of spending upwards of $350 sounds a bit daunting. I really am trying to adjust each set of lights every time I install a set, but the majority of people will purchase these themselves and not follow through with the “proper” procedure.

Yetti - Don’t worry about the prospect of being blinded so much. It seems you’d rather get a rise out of someone than just avoid the problem. Although slowing down and allowing someone to pass is a commendable action. Comparing exhausts to lights is not so different. You can still modify your exhaust, but lights won’t wake me up in the middle of the night. Also, with modified exhaust comes the idea that you should modify the rest of the exhaust, namely the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter(s). Modifying those parts of the exhaust, as most of us do regularly, is sometimes against a federal regulations and can also result in excessive noise and odors. These lights may be illegal in the sense they are not approved by the DOT(as many aftermarket bulbs and housings are not), but they do not create much more of a hazard than leaving your high beams on in some cases. That’s just 1 example but they’re both still in the same category of modifying your vehicle.

Sorry for the long read guys…

Not a good comparison at all. Modifying your exhaust, or having no exhaust may be loud and obnoxious, but at least it doesn’t blind on coming drivers. Too bright of lights is dangerous to other people on the road. The reason they’re not approved by DOT is just for that reason, along with the housings not being as durable as OEM.

And if you think I’m just a hater, all of my cars have HID’s, and only one set was factory.

Wordd I wasnt sure if there were any acctual numbers involve, even I know you sell a shit ton of HID’s…

I gotta stop by sometime, unfortunately since I started my new job I never have time

but danny boy jay is more of a retailer than he is a speed shop, although he does install and do performance work his main business is retail… well anyways thats from what I know when I had the time to go bullshit with him all the time…

Hows the in garage working picking up jay?

i wish i had a hid setup on my plowtruck all the times i couldnt see shit while plowing!

I dont fucking get it. If your facing someone with crazy lights, dont fucking look at them and drive past them. The interaction takes 1-7 seconds or so.

If they are behind you and coming up on you, either yoru driving like a pussy and should be passed, or they are just being a dick behind you. Either way if it bothers you pull the fuck over and let them by.

done
&
done

agreed

whiny homos in here

errrr lights 2 brite :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

That’s nothing lol. If I did that, that person would have crashed. My high-beams are ridiculous. 20ft high and like 40ft wide spread and a very long distance. Half the time, when I’m in the left lane and flash my lights ONCE, cars move the hell out the way. If I leave them on, it’s bad lol.

Dude he had a shit-ton of off road lights on it, Jurassic park style :rofl