Illegal alien? Come to NY and we'll give you a drivers license

Wait. You guys who support this answer my question:

How does giving them a license mean that they will pay taxes?

[quote=“JayS,post:37,topic:35859"”]

sigh No wonder NY is in the state it’s in.

[/quote]

:blah:

let’s hear your great idea? :banghead:

please put you seats in the upright postion and get ready for take off

Besides that, this plan has nothing to do with collecting taxes. To file a tax return you need an SSN. This is about playing to a minority group because Spitzer has political ambitions beyond NY.

My great idea, all along, has been to deport illegals. Pass laws that have severe consequences for any business caught employing illegal aliens. Start auditing businesses that are know to employee illegal aliens. If we really wanted to do something about the problem we could, instead there is a political movement in this country to just accept them.

[quote=“Fry,post:41,topic:35859"”]

Wait. You guys who support this answer my question:

How does giving them a license mean that they will pay taxes?

[/quote]

they will not go down… they never do. I think of it more has a state ID then a DL.

[quote=“JayS,post:43,topic:35859"”]

Besides that, this plan has nothing to do with collecting taxes. To file a tax return you need an SSN. This is about playing to a minority group because Spitzer has political ambitions beyond NY.

[/quote]

current plan = your plan

current plan < NEW plan

P.s you have dodged the question i have for you.

I just want to know what the tie is between Spitzer’s plan and illegals contributing, since that seems to be the argument in favor of it. :gotme:

[quote=“RobHimself,post:38,topic:35859"”]

When i first heard about it i thought it was a really fuking bad idea. It collects taxes and money from people who would otherwise just went under the radar for the rest of their lives. It also lets the government know where these people are and eventually sets them up for being put into the system like everyone else. The way i see it is that its a start to fixing the problems.

[/quote]

[quote=“Anonymity,post:44,topic:35859"”]

they will not go down… they never do. I think of it more has a state ID then a DL.

[/quote]

how does this collect taxes from them?

[quote=“evolve,post:47,topic:35859"”]

[/quote]

b/c they have to pay for them… if they dont then i do not think it is a great plan.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:48,topic:35859"”]

b/c they have to pay for them… if they dont then i do not think it is a great plan.

[/quote]

You mean they have to pay a continuous fee to have them? Or do they just have to buy the card?

[quote=“evolve,post:47,topic:35859"”]

[/quote]

Because it means that they will eventually buy a car, pay taxes on said car. Pay for insurance, registration etc… Its really just a small step in getting illegals registered and fixing something that has gotten way out of hand.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:48,topic:35859"”]

[/quote]

so your whole argument is based around the one time (nominal) fee for a drivers license every 5 years or whatever?

So they can register a car too?

All this will accomplish is blurring the lines of “citizenship” which, if nothing else, is not the jurisdiction of a state.

:picard: Hello People’s Republic of New York.

[quote=“JayS,post:34,topic:35859"”]

What part of “illegal” in “illegal alien” are you guys not understanding?

[/quote]

dot

They buy cars now and don’t insure them. Why would anything change?

^Because if nothing changes, the plan makes no sense. So things have to change! :lolham:

Are you insinuating that a government plan has to make sense?

[quote=“Anonymity,post:45,topic:35859"”]

current plan = your plan

current plan < NEW plan

P.s you have dodged the question i have for you.

[/quote]

See my edit. I didn’t see your question until I had already posted.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:57,topic:35859"”]

Are you insinuating that a government plan has to make sense?

[/quote]

:shrug: I guess I am innocent and niaive. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“evolve,post:51,topic:35859"”]

so your whole argument is based around the one time (nominal) fee for a drivers license every 5 years or whatever?

[/quote]

the big picture…

making $$ off of them
what we do now doesnt work
putting them in a data base

what do we do about them now… ? NOTHING, they cost $$. Give them an ID and charge the I dont know $100 or so make it good for two years and make $$$.