im blaming this on winter

so on my way to work today my oil pressure light came on for a few minutes and then went away, after work i checked the oil and it was low so i added some, but now my car is making a loud cllicking noise, could i have just developed that awesome lifter click, or did i break somthing???

its a 1990 240

How low as the oil? Did you check the filter to see if it was tight or leaking?

It might be your berrings. No good. Sorry to hear

Blowing smoke at all?

I did that like 6 years ago, left the oil too long, got super low, ticked like a mofo, blew smoke. I changed the oil and filer, and back to normal.

it wasnt blowing smoke as far as I could see
im gonna get the oil changed tommorrow, i hope itll work

when you are low on oil and also in this weather you might get an oil pressure light on the dash and it will go away and tick …definately means that you need to add oil

If it is LOUD like you are saying it might be something entirely different

Changed the oil, now everythings all good
you think i woulda learned after I blew up my first 240 the same way :oops:

Everyone make sure that you give your cars ample time to warm up in this weather. You should be giving it a minimum 5 minutes warming up before driving at all. Idle time helps your transmission warm up as well. The only thing that isn’t warming up is your diff, so take it nice and easy for the first couple kms when leaving so that the diff gets lubricated well.

If you’re not doing this, it’s only a matter of time until you spin a bearing.

i did that too my car this summer :oops:

10 minutes minimum for me

I usually let mine run for at least 20 mins before I even touch it!! But my car did that same thing, seems like it was the same sound I heard too a clicking sound. I was low a quart, I put it some of that semi-synthetic oil and it stopped right then and there!!

i just wait untill my temp gauge reads full (like 2 mins). then wait about another 5. then i slowly drive away warming up ever thing the i’m on whitemud. i kinda care less about this engine than i do about the car

Your temp gauge reads full after 2 minutes idling in these temperatures? :shock:

Ummm…that’s not normal. :?

yea it is kinda weird. my car had major overheating problems in the summer so i put in an 155 degree t-stat, and flushed my rad. i don’t know what it is but it does. i’ll be putting in a water temp guage as soon as it warms up a little so i can tell for sure

Do you have the stock mechanical fan or is it electric? Whichever it is, make sure their running. Also, find out what the stock thermostat is. If you put a higher degree in there, it will build up heat and it will take longer to open.

stock mech fan good fan clutch and the NISMO t-stat i think it is 155 and the stock is 170. who knows for sure. and also i got a new coolant temp sensor so that not an issue too

How much was the coolant sensor? I have to get one too.

i got one from altrom so its basicly oem i will find out for ya. u still want those filters tho.

Yes ill take 6.