I'm done playin in Obamanomics

So let the government do the thinking for the people because they are to stupid to do simple math and figure out they can’t afford something. Yea. Brilliant.

its definitely not just to the fault of the consumers there chief…

In the end the decision to buy something is up to the consumer, so yes actually, it is.

thats insane… look back in history and see how bad it was without government intervention

and the decision to give the money out is up to the banks… the banks are able to predict when someone probably wont pay back a loan, so they definitely had a big part in the situation

The sub-prime mortgage crisis isnt totally on the consumer, but much of it is. Banks need to do deals that will keep them in business and make them money. They didnt. Consumers couldnt pay back loans and ran themselves into bankruptcy. Perfect storm of stupid people.

What are you referring to? Worker safety and the Ind. Revolution? That’s cool, I’ll support that to an extent.

When in history has the government told business owners how to run their businesses? And how would it help? Would you trust the government to make business decisions that trained business people make now.

Businesses fail. It’s part of the economy. This is a big massive group failure. The government cant fix this now, what makes you think they could’ve run it better?

PLEASE NOTE: THE IDEA OF A GOVERNMENT RUN ECONOMY/"BUSINESS" IS ACTUALLY COMMUNISM.

Again, you are saying the bank is responsible for doing simple math for people. Sorry. I don’t agree.

Here’s how simple it is:

I have $x amount of gross income with $x amount of expenses. Subtract expenses from income to get total net income. If that is enough to cover your loan payment and you have enough in reserve to cover you in the event of catastrophy you can take out the loan.

A 5th grader can do that math and your saying its the banks fault the consumer went beyond his/her means? wow

ooo boy here comes communism… i guess all of europe is communist then

Fizzled, your obvious jealousy of my car doesn’t flatter you very much.

Causes you to make illogical statements …

People will remember what you said if you become a cripple some day (diseases can strike in a flash) and YOU need help.

Fizzled, your obvious jealousy of my car doesn’t flatter you very much!

i think he might of said that with sarcasm

? Not true at all. European governments absolutely do not tell businesses how to conduct business. In fact, a great number of European businesses bought those toxic worthless assets that caused this crisis on the secondary market!

And I’m not playing a “communism card.” Many of your ideas are simply very similar.

what about all the government aid to the people… like universal health care… do some research on sweden and then tell me what you think

I kinda got the first sentence, but I was kidding so thanks

the second I read like nine times and I don’t think I can even begin to comprehend that it means :rofl

actually, communism has no centralized government. just a fyi. we’ve never seen a real communist state.

so maybe communism would work, who knows, nobody can say for certain :shifty

itellyawhat i srsly hope someone in Washington is collectively smarter than you guys and this isn’t as bad an idea as a lot of people are saying it is.

srsly.

and that’s not meant as a jab at any of you guys, at all…I REALLY REALLY HOPE. REALLY.

communism itself is a great idea where everyone is equal. again so people read WE HAVE NOT SEEN A COMMUNIST STATE. USSR, was a Totalitarian Dictatorship under Stalin.

A communist state would not have a centralized government. It would be a self-sufficent state that works on the barter system. It is similar to an Anarchist type society. It has nothing to do with people being LAZY like the misconception/propagandas declare…

You guys are reading too much into the Communism remark. That wasnt the point…

Please stop telling me to go to research when your point doesn’t make sense. I’m quite familiar with modern European healthcare.

Universal health care is not the government telling businesses how to conduct business.

We are SCREWED. The Dow Jones dropped from 1400 to 6800 as of Obama taken over office. He also caused the fuckups of BOA, CitiGroup, AIG, etc… :frowning: