I'm Trying To Blame New Era Performance For Blowing Up My Tranny...

[quote=“Studderin,post:11,topic:34195"”]

The car picked up around 300whp (thats right 300 not 30 peak numbers) compired to the “tune” that it came in the shop running, form the last motor. We did no work on the car just the last tuning

[/quote]

Don’t try to piss on someone’s head and tell them it is raining

[quote=“brent_strong,post:30,topic:34195"”]

Should have taken it to J&J. :hitit:

[/quote]

Yeah no shit :biglol:

[quote=“BLKUUS6,post:40,topic:34195"”]

Before this gets all sorts of twisted, the weight has nothing to do with the tune.

[/quote]

You are joking right? Tell me how vehicle weight has nothing to do with VE or timing?

[quote=“brent_strong”"]

Jackstands are guaranteed safety for your transmission.

[/quote]

You are a jerk off

[quote=“J&J,post:41,topic:34195"”]

Yeah no shit :biglol:

[/quote]

Jackstands are guaranteed safety for your transmission. :carnut

[quote=“BLKUUS6,post:40,topic:34195"”]

what was going on with each click of the mouse. This can become very annoying as you may imgaine, and it was distracting to Mike as he was trying to do basic things to the car.

[/quote]

word, he was one of THOSE :funny:

Judge Toda is ready to make judgement…

On the matter of New Era vs Stupid Noob, Judge Toda finds stupid noob … GUILTY!

I’ve been getting IMs from friends/cusomers/locals. This was posted on many sites.

I said not need to post, to be 1st without the facts of the issue. (cough brent ;)) Just first please read the links to LS1tech, for the full story. There are other issues with the service this is not about. The issue this thread is addressing, is being accused of blowing up his trans. And wanting it fixed. This is going to go OT, but try to hold off on the non customers NYspeed drama replys. We have a very solid customer base, and reputation with making the customer happy. I’m proud to have the guys that enjoyed the work they had done. thanks.

If we did something wrong we would take care of the issue. That is not the case. Some people will just never be happy, and fell they are a victim?

J&J I think he meant the weight of an additional passenger won’t really effect the tune, not the weight of the vehicle. I could be wrong though.

Mondi is not a KID and is in fact a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention has a bad habit of effing shit up. Plenty on here have seen it first hand.

[quote=“psychopjv,post:46,topic:34195"”]

read

[/quote]

word

J & J, the way mondi worded it, he made it sound like Mike couldnt tune it with him in the car because of the extra weight, this was not the case. Mike couldnt tune with him asking questions every second. No need to jump on my back and act like i dont know what im talking about.

Just for the record, I started racing it in 04.
I had PM performance put a textralia clutch in when they swapped the motor for me.
And the original stock clutch was still holding. I bought the car brand new in 2002.
My point is I was not hard on the tranny. I drove it for 40K with no problems.
Mike drives it for 3 Miles without me there and it sticks in 1st? Sounds fishy to me.
I just asked if he could help me out not pay for the whole thing.
I drove it home because it only grinded if you shifted and it was 99% thruway driving.

[quote=“mondi2002,post:49,topic:34195"”]

I just asked if he could help me out not pay for the whole thing.

[/quote]

Can you help me pay for a new suspension for my car? Not all of it…just part of it. :cjerk:

Point is…if he is responsible for the transmission breaking, he should pay for it all. If he is not responsible, he should pay nothing. From what has been posted, it seems he is not responsible for it - it blew up and was out of his control. He didn’t abuse it or do anything out of the ordinary, just was in the driver’s seat when it first showed symptoms of failure.

PM performance…Then the tranny broke huh?

I was joking but on a serious note you have F-body with a LS1 & a blower…and an aftermarket clutch im sure you have never beaten on the car :lol:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:51,topic:34195"”]

PM performance…Then the tranny broke huh?

[/quote]

Justin you are too much. If it stuck in gear then is it likely that a keyway sheared. I have never seen or heard of a keyway shearing at part throttle

Well our point is (with proof on HP tuners) that the car was not beat on. Just as you say you were not hard on the tranny, you did race, ALOT! There is no benefit in beating the shit out of a customers car when you are trying to collect important data so a tune can be established.

You keep saying help you out?! All you have done so far is call and ACCUSE mike, not ask or even as much to have a conversation with someone…You called and jumped right to the point and said " Mike, you broke my transmission" Then you go on all the boards, including this one in which you just signed up on, just to complain and spam the internet. Read around Joe, your stock tranny isnt supposed to hold that kind of power, and a 3 mile drive under 45 mph the whole time isnt going to cause failure.

Anyone wanna tune my car for me?

I don’t feel like paying for a clutch in the miata.
and This way I can make you pay for it.

The only thing this post is going to get you is one less shop that will tune your car / answer your calls / fix your busted shit, and a bunch of people at the track and street that wont give you the time of day. Well worth it :tup:

I hight doubt the data logging will lie. is there a way to post it up?

you need HPtuners to view the log

[quote=“Toda Party,post:57,topic:34195"”]

you need HPtuners to view the log

[/quote]

Got it :eyebrow:

just for the record, because some asked…here is the before and after of the tune he brought us and what he left with

wtf was it just pulling a TON of timing? Or just at like 3:1 AFR