Import Exhaust

I don’t want to read more about them!!! That’s why I was asking people here on this forum because I knew that they could educate me a little on this subject!
Not really interested in being an expert on 4 cyl cars…Import or not! Just wanted to know the reasoning behind a lot of the differences. A bunch of people came back with some good stuff for me. I thank those that gave up some good info!

Dirtfarmer huh? That supposed to be an insult because I don’t like the way a lot of 4 cyl cars with stupid, cheap mufflers sound?

95% of t00ned imports sound like a bag of shit. END OF FUCKING STORY.

Honestly, it’s NOT the cars fault… it’s the fuckbag owners that throw 3A racing “mufflers” on them.

Glad you said it and not me!

Damn that sounds crazy. Car goes hard. :excited

Usually, as fart can diameter increases, so does driver ego.

I heard some raspy ass track cars IRL, they sound dirty and high pitched and all that, but they MOVE and the exhaust flows well. i guess function over looks/sound quality?

There is a difference between a track car with a header and straight pipe, and a hyundai with a fart cannon though.

Track cars sound like ass… in a totally different way than DDs with peeling tint and big mufflers sound like ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gsomryd0So spec miatas sound like shit. In a good way.

IMO.

yea, if theres some power in the car and it moves out of its way, its fine.

Anything daily driven should have a stock-sounding exhaust. Oh wait, that’s the law. :lol

I don’t want to listen to it and neither does anybody else.

whats legal or illegal is up to the cop thats is behind the ticket book.

First, I probably like the sound of the majority of four bangers on here over your SRT any day of the week, but that’s just personal preference. Most 6’s I hear sound like shit, and for the 8’s, every good mustang sounds the same, vet, etc, and the classics all have the same lope to them. We pride ourselves in our variety.

Second, EJ205 (2004 WRX), Borla XR-1 exhaust (it’s a very large oval canister with a 4" slant cut wrapped tip). Not all of us cut holes in the back of the spaghetti can and wire it to our pipes…

Your F body ownership privileges have been revoked after that statement. Please sign over the 79 Firebird to me NAOWWWW!!!11"!!!

Ehhhh the Subaru is faster anyway :slight_smile:

to be completely honest, i’d rather have nicer cars with loud exhausts drivin around instead of those pieces of shit that are smoking, REEKING like death and falling apart cuz of rust on the roads. they literally have shit fallin off, burning more oil than gas, all kinds of shit, and its kool, theyre legal.

I dont care what it sounds like, as long as it’s fast… lol.

Here’s my car WOT with stock exhaust, gutted cat, and resonator delete:

(raspy letting off from rev limiter)

3" Side Exit with magnaflow resonator:

yours is quiet, Jim

You talking about my SRT or Jim’s?

I’ve been pulled over for loud exhaust 3-4 times and never got a ticket for it. Just be cool with the cops, admit it is too loud, bs for a bit and they will let you go. They’re bored out there lol. In my experience anyways.

The only time I got an exhaust ticket was when I was showing off for a kid at school while we were go-karting at Funplex. For whatever reason (I was 17 at the time) I felt the need to do triple digits in a 30 zone and my exhaust broke :rofl Got stopped and fined $100 for “exhaust: modify/amplify”.

Sure as hell beats reckless driving and 100 in a 30. Although I achieved all of that (70 in a 30, not 100, but still) on the Husqvarna anyway :rofl

Case n point: sometimes illegal “mods” can save your ass from other things. And we have a black president.

:rofl This guy.