In our new house (finally)

Good call on the Pella’s :wink: Looks like a very nice place. Whats the exterior siding material going to be?

Jeller

Color me jealous - damn, man! Elegant.

Thanks guys.
A couple of key points about the house…
It is SIP (structural insulated panels) construction.(super insulated)
The foundation is ARXX insulated concrete forms construction (R value of 50)
Around the foundation is double drain tile and 150 tons of #2 stone with a gravity drain.(no sump pump)
Many of the timbers I actually cut when I was clearing for the house.
The floor joists are an open truss system that allows all mechanicals to be hidden in the ceiling of the basement which is 8’ high.(The basement is 2400 sq/ft and has 70’ of above ground walls for windows)
The garage is 27’ x 27’ with enough height for a lift.(The future theater room above the garage will be about 20’ x 27’.)
There is a full sized panel in the garage with outlets for a welder and compressor.
It also has a switch to run my entire house off my tri-fuel generator.(gasoline, propane or natural gas, just switch on/off the fuel valve)

EDIT: Instead of steel posts in the basement, I cut 23 hardwood trees and made 8"x8" posts.

:tup:

I was hoping to bust your balls for the use of any chinese-made things…but i won’t knit-pick since there is an obvious and extensive use of local timber.

Congrats.

^It is HARD to find some needed things that aren’t made in China.
I will replace any Chinese parts in the future if I find an alternative.:biglaugh:

Note: The pictures don’t do it justice as far as colors/warmth go.

Love the exposed beams and natural tones.

Huge :tup:.

Hopefully when I’m 65 like you I’ll be able to build something like that. :wink:

That’s a lot of wood; it looks fantastic and I love the earthy tones.

That is a pretty sweet ass bathroom.

I’ve been watching a shitload of HGTV.

I am sad, because somewhere in the back of my mind I have a feeling I paid more for my 1200 sq ft condo than you did for that entire gorgeous house…

I know, I shake my head when I watch those shows.
800sq/ft condo for $800,000.WTF?:biglaugh:
You could have 15 wooded acres with a kick ass house!!!

pics blocked @ work… but congrats on finally getting in.

:tup:

Fuck. That’s a beautiful house. Congrats!

dude. wow.

i remember seeing it back in the summer. turned out great.

i love the kitchen area

Post&beam homes are beautiful…

what are your taxes like a year? Got to be high as fuck

very nice house man. Who did the floors?

Very nice. :tup:

Real nice, I can see by the pictures and the descriptions that you’ve done you’re homework on all this stuff, but I’m not surpirsed.

X…

that’s beautiful. Nice work. I would love a house like that someday.

fucking nice! congrats!

Would you paint the walls like it’s Easter Sunday every day?

woah dude, mad pimperish…