Input on F&F

Damn, Vin Desel is in it, How can it be bad, haha (sarcasm)

I think it will just make people want to drive fast with there mommy mobiles, and there shit boxes. Nothing new.

Meh… there’s already been enough games and movies about street racing. In my opinion, it’s just a phase that most high school kids go through regardless of the movie. Look at all these street racing games. Hell, even I thought that street racing was cool when I was 16/17.

…and then I grew out of that.

I dont mean to be harsh… but you have a stock s13 with stock ride height with automatic seatbelts and teardrops. That being said, i have an s13 with mismatching colour aero. I highly doubt they’ll be “gawking” in humiliation… more like gawking in contempt.

But here’s a pic to make you feel a little better xsxnrge. If son240 had a float in the pride parade, this would be it.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/Cal-Soy/92%20Nissan%20240sx%20Ayu/P1040383.jpg

it can’t, in any way, match the spike that happened after the original F&F came out.

the first one came out what? 8-10 years ago already? street racing is nothing new. the spike after the first one happened because alot of people didn’t even know that the world of street racing even existed. but now that it’s “common knowledge”, i doubt there will be a similar reaction.

also, kids have the internet at an increasingly younger age these days (its scary when your 10-year-old cousin requests to add you on Facebook…), and know about things alot earlier because of that. it’s not like they have to go to a theatre and watch a movie to “open their eyes” to the world of street-racing. all they have to do is search on youtube, for free, from the comfort of their own home. even kids who weren’t alive or old enough when the original came out, can go and rent/buy it, or probably download it off the internet somewhere.

as well, as already mentioned, there have been ENOUGH games about street racing out. a kid in this day and age, if he/she is at all interested in cars, should have no excuse for NOT knowing that street racing exists (unless they have super strict parents…).

/end rant.

as for going to see it…i doubt i’ll waste my money on admission price. i’ll probably wait for DVD or try to download it somewhere. i liked the original when it came out (because i was still young and impressionable) but i only watch it for a laugh now. the other 2 were plain wastes of time. so i guess we’ll wait and see how this one stacks up…if not anything else, it’ll be good for a laugh or 2!

just admit it, we all love this franchise, whether it be for nostalgic value or otherwise. I’m gonna see it. =p

Ah man, this certainly brightened up my day…and it’s not because I agree with it.

Like every other Civic or Neon out there is completely rice…oh the ignorance.

very true, definitely a phase! half the time i drive my 240 or my vette every kid that gets beside me at a light looks so tense hes about to rip the steering wheel of the column. At that age every semi fast car with a young driver (some expections) pulling up to another semi fast car with a young driver thinks its instantly go time.

fast car = (vtec fast)

I’ll go see the movie but i know i will be laughing when i see a pack of cars leaving the lot with there neons on.

lol yeah, and something tells me that mostly everyone who drives a 240 thinks that he/she is immune to being called a ricer and that the 240 is such a great car. I know it’s RWD but that doesn’t mean shit if you can’t even drive it properly.

240’s are honestly just as bad, or worst, especially with the rust. At least most of those riced out civics don’t have aero installed over a shit load of rust. If you were to put it back to stock, it’d still look good.

Very true ^^

Regardless, im looking forward to it.

Street Fighter dissapointed me … lol

lol i love how people who drive stock 240s think they are driving the sickest car in the world.

id rather drive my sisters civic with ricer tails than a stock 240

^ then again bro, a clean stock 240 looks better than most stock cars :wink:

fixed.

lmao…okay there buddy;)

fixed.

polak240sx, lol you’re awesome. And I agree with you. RED_Line, give yourself 2 more years and you will realize how we’re right.

I also agree with Petah Pantahloons. I rather drive a stock civic with ricer tails than a stock 240.

The thing is, our cars actually have a different kind of potential than other imports do (and some domestics, ie. Neons, Cavaliers, and the like).

I’m not saying that our cars are better due to the fact that they’re RWD, I’m saying that due to the fact that there will be a parking lot filled with stock, semi-stock, and cleanly modified 240’s. Our group is a little different than most. Of course there’s riced out 240’s out there, but how many riced out 240’s are in our group?

Now take any other group, Hondas, Toyotas, Mitsubishi/DSM. If any of you scout their forums, there’s more ricers that stick out than the number of ricers we have.

I’ve seen and am friends with a few people with riced out cars. But honestly, them and their ricer friends, I did notice a similar trend with them. Yes, they think their cars are hot shit, and yes they think their car was a de-tuned race car from the factory. But what I did notice was that deep down, they do know that they are ricers, they’re just sometimes unable or feel shamed to admit it. I have a friend with a riced to the max Civic. And don’t put me on this, its not my choice he has the most popular ricer car in the world, I’m just telling you what he says. He’s got a ton of shit done to his car. AEM fuel rail, NGK this, AEM cold air intake that, 2.5" exhaust, VTEC head swap, whatever, I can’t remember them all.

Him knowing my car, he still admits that I might have it. I highly doubt it, since its a feather-weight bubble hatch, and I’m not one to brag about my car, but with only a 3" torque-losing catback and a short-ram intake, thats not bad. He can admit that with the amount of money he’s dumped into his car, my near-stock car might still have a chance. Deep down they know that money could’ve been spent better elsewhere…

PS. What’ve you got against my auto seatbelts? I haven’t gotten anything but compliments from them.

a clean stock 240 does look nice and id rather drive one over a civic

lol if you guys rather drive a civic than a 240sx, why did you buy a 240 in the first place. Unless it’s a joke which i think it is.

No, its no joke.

I would rather drive a stock EK or EG over an S13 anyday.

But if that S13 had coils, nice wheels and a chuki front bumper, then fuck the civic.

But thats just me.

However, if I had an S15 …

The only reason why there isint alot of riced out 240’s would be that the kids who “rice-ify” them can’t afford to fix the rust on their S13’s or have the know how skills to get it running after they buy it for 200$.

And because of this, there are very few if not no items out there that support rice for S-chassis, compared to say… honda.

Basically… from a teen’s point of view. A 240sx is for people who like to kick it sideways, with a kouki front bumper and an orgin body kit with some baller ass wheels and a maad drop (look at most of the cars on Zilvia).

Not much room for error when it comes to drift-style, and not much room for rice burners either.

A banged up hatch with zipties is +1 in the driftin world. (from a teen’s view)