Installing Break Pads

Heyy guys, it’s time for me to change my brake pads,
so I’ve decided to learn off hand how to do so on my
240 w/o ABS…Other than going to a shop.

What tools do I need? & how long will it take to do all
corners? I heard I’ll need something special for installation
on the rears?

PBR Brake Pads

yea well if you buy the tool for the rears dont buy that little square metal cube thing. goto like princess auto and pickup a cheap set. but you can also use a vise grip thats what i did because my calipars are old and the tool was not doing a good job, and it was like -2 dagrees out side.
http://www.240projects.com/89hatchback/240sx89_rearpads.html found this on google. that should explian the rears.

and the fronts are easy they should take you no more than 10 minutes a side. what you do is open the calipars bolts two 14mm i believe the take the old brakpad place it on the piston and use a c-clamp to push it in and the tool for the front break piston is used almost the same way. but if you dont have a c-clamp or tool or dont want to buy them, you can use a screw driver.
What you do is before taking the calipar off you place a screw driver in the groove thats in the middle of the calipar, you place the screw driver against the outter pad and pull towards your self this will push the piston, but not all the way. After that you have to take the calipar off and place both pads on one side put them on the side of the piston, then put the calipar back on and put the screw driver against the rotor and apply some force and the piston should go all the way in.

i like pbr pads there great i had some ultra ceramics in my old 240 even after like 6 months they looked like i just put them in. and they preformed great

^ Thank You bro, I know your pretty knowledgeable & helpful! :slight_smile:

yeah, I totally gotta install my pads really soon, because my braking isn’t
too good right now :S kinda scary because sometimes I have to get the
revs to help me brake better, waste some gas with that too…

I actually bought a set of:

Rear - PBR Ult Ceramic Pads
Front - PBR Deluxe Organic Pads

= 57$ shipped.

Really good prices from Autopartsonlinecanada.com
they sell OEM & aftermarket replacement parts for many
cars, they’re situated in BC, Canada.