insurance companys fuckin suck....

So my lawyer calls me this morning, to tell me the insurance company for the drunk guy that pulled out in front of me only wants to pay me 85% of the value of my car because they have a statement from a witness that I was driving fast. I was doing 55 in a 55 mph zone. So it dawns on me, I passed a trooper heading the opposite direction about 45 seconds before the accident. And obviously had I been speeding, he would have pulled me over. The reason I remember this is because the trooper himself told me that he passed me. So fuck insurance companies, and there bullshit witnesses!!! /rant.

Dispute it.

When does a witness for an insurance companies visual gauge of speed have any bearing on what your claim is? Sounds like they are trying to fuck you. Tell your lawyer ti fight back, that’s ridiculous.

I think your witness would stand up better in court. Good luck with this bs man.

tell them all of a sudden your head hurts, and its because of the accident

At least you are getting something out of the deal, I work for an insurance company and this really isn’t that uncommon.

That’s exactly it. He is telling them that they are nuts. Their insured party was entirely at fault. I received no tickets. I mean he got a fucking D.W.I. for Christ sake.

So how does a bystanders judge on speed count for anything? My thought was, it was a lowered integra with an exhaust and a carbon hood, so obviously I was speeding, cause thats all we do in those cars…fucking stereotypical assholes…

their witness which i doubt they even have wouldn’t hold up in court. citizens aren’t trained in speed measures. plus i doubt one would even look to see and determine how fast you were going just from the sight of your car.

tell them to eat crow and give you 100% of the value of the car + extra money for damages, injuries, loss of time, bla bla bla.

I think your head suddenly hurts…and your leg is a little sore…etc.
They’ll pay up.

O they are gonna pay regardless. I sprained my wrist and have crazy scarring on my hand. My fiance may have permanent nerve damage in her knee. As well as sprained her ligaments in her knee. It just pisses me off that they try to screw me when it wasn’t my fault at all.

Did you have any injuries from the accident? Did you miss work? You can most likely dispute the witness, but they may take you to court over it. Depends on how much evidence they have really. It is just an eye-witness account or did the cop actually get the radar on you?
I know if we ever pay back on a claim we only pay back 80% so that it does not mess up your tax’s at the end of the year.

Their witness is a bystander. But I had a cop pass me with radar on about 45 seconds before the accident.

yeah insurance companies are scumbags. when i got into an accident i was delivering parts, and this guy was doing about 60 in a 30 and clocked me. His insurance company tried to sue me personally for the damages. fuck allstate up their asses.

that doesnt make sense. when my car was stolen i got 100% of NADA + tax on book value. So my $13k car ended up netting me $16k.

Sorry wasn’t really clear, I was trying to say that if filed a claim for personal injury/wages he would only get 80% back. Kind of curious… what insurance company is handling this?

Did the witness have certification (like a traffic enforcement officer) in order to be able to estimate the speed of a moving object accurately at the time of the accident?

If not, this should mean nothing to your lawyer.

There is no basis for the “bystander” to say anything. It is hearsay and inadmissable in court.

might want to brush up on your legal lingo

fuck them, dispute that shit, its because they saw your exhaust. ill fight it with you bro.