Insurance Question

Hey all;

I’m just new on the board and I’d like to say this looks like a great forum.
I’m just wondering what insurance is out there for a 350Z. I’m from Alberta where just general basic liability insurance, fire and theft, with collision is $6100 a year. I’m 19 and I have been driving for two years, accident free. This will be my first 350. I’m just trying to budget how much insurance would be there next year, as I’m moving back in May (and I’m buying the 350 in July). Thanks a lot guys.

Hi & welcome,

I lived in edmonton for a few years, and really enjoyed my time there. (except for the snow in JUNE!:mad: )

Anyhow,
You can look forward to paying as much, if not more.
Ontario premiums are F*d up.

Best of luck!

yeah I know, I’ve lived in Toronto for 10 years previously, and honestly its ridiculous how much they charge there. Alberta has very cheap rates, a G35 Coupe is cheaper than a 350Z and is $4500 a year including insurance.

hi and welcome
try belairdirect they’re the cheanst around when it come for insuranse give em a call and ask for a quote, here us the link to their website the number is on there in the bottom http://www.belairdirect.com/english/ontario/auto/products.htm
:drivin :C

Welcome to the boards :smiley:

it’s best to call around to every major insurance company as no one here can give you an accurate quote. even online quotes are prone to inaccuracy.

but …

19 years old
350z
primary driver
full coverage

i would guesstimate to $6000 as well. obviously there’s ways to reduce that value with multi-vehicle discounts, multi-product discount (home/life/auto) using one of your parents as primary, liability only, etc. but even with those you’ll be looking at well over 4000, if not 5000.

I’m from St Catharines and the quote i got was for a premium in my own name(im 18) on a 2003 z and it was 3900 a year mind you this does not include collision, my way of thinking is that if i am at fault for the accident, i deserve to lose the money is costs to repair the vehicle.

But the city u live in also has an effect based on how busy it is, if i were to put a friends address from welland my premiums would decrease about 100$ a year based on what he pays.

damn thats alot of money but I guess it has alot to do with age… I live in brampton, but Im 24 going on 25 and I pay 2500 per year for a 2007 350z…