Insurance

My Silvia only costs me $68/mo
It’s classified as a “pleasure vehicle” and i’m limited to 12,000km a year.

I’m 23.

That lotion for 12 year olds??? Anyways it will only work for you if you have space for two cars. Not all of us have that luxury. I don’t even have anywhere to park my first car … I hate winter!

True… there’s a bunch of limitations on that … but it’s soemthing to think about.

DRE

Even just insuring it as your secondary car you will save a lot. You can only drive one car at a time so…

if you go to school in quebec, or live near quebec and have a relative that lives in quebec you’re in luck.

but you will have to have quebec plates, but hey, at least you don’t need a front one.

insurance is so much cheaper in quebec, right now im going to school at Bishop’s University in Quebec, and when i get my car i will register it here in qubec.

Thats what my uncle does, he used to live in Montreal, now in kingston and he still has his car registered in quebec for that exact reason

That is somewhat illegal though. You have to have your primary residence listed as somewhere in Quebec (iirc). And if it isn’t you only have a set time period to change your plates to the correct ones.

gah 12,000km!!! i put on over 40,000 last year… :stuck_out_tongue:

gah 12,000km!!! i put on over 40,000 last year… :P[/quote]

It’s not his only car, and I highly doubt that it is his daily driver.

eh well, ppl will go to extremes to save money.

Im turning 18.
G2. Primary Driver on my 240
$2,000,000 liability, no collision.

$276 / month.

When I was 19 my 2001 Sentra was around $315/mo :frowning:
But I was primary driver with like 40,000km a year.

it could be the fact that this car is geting more popular, or the whole drifting thing.
S14- quoted $300 a month, 18 years old, G licence.
1989 dodge colt - $hittest car ever - $250/month.
explain me that.

It’s US that insurance is more interested in; the car is only a reasonable factor…so they are more worried about being a young male than exactly what car you drive. But again, the car can still be a big factor.

Heh, yea, it’d be a lot cheaper for a girl, I know how much some of them pay for insurance… hooooly… I can only dream.
And you can’t totally look at the car from a piece by piece basis. WRX STi is a 4 door sedan, seats five. Highest insurance out of any car except for exotics. (I read this somewhere… I think it was the net thou, so might be wrong :D)

Talk about dreaming… i wish my insurance was 400 dollars month…

That would be cheap… Hell i don’t even have insurance on my 240sx… it just sits in a garage now… how sad.

WRX STi is also all wheel drive and over 200 hp which increases insurance rates.

Yea, In Quebec, its provincialized, and they pay $250. Ready for this one? PER YEAR!

Yea, In Quebec, its provincialized, and they pay $250. Ready for this one? PER YEAR![/quote]

… what the hell is “provincialized”???

Yea, In Quebec, its provincialized, and they pay $250. Ready for this one? PER YEAR![/quote]

… what the hell is “provincialized”???[/quote]

owned by the government