Insuring 20+ y/o vehicle

Hey guys,
So attempted to go through belair , but they will not insure 20+ (1989) .
Any advice on another broker , bare-minimum i paid 205$ through belair on a 93’

19 , M , One ticket.

Any feedback much appreciated, Thanks.

dejardin there ok i fined there prices a little high but i did them with my 88 sentra

I went through , TD 220/month.

Meh i’m excited for this pre-inspection though … :noes:

Im through belaire… student … young drivers no tickets 90’ hatch … $78 a month … insured at home in ottawa

oh yea im 22

Sorry to thread jack, but how are 240’s on insurance anyways? Are they higher than Civics and Integra’s or way cheaper?

my 4 door '93 civic was more than my 240s, i imagine a 2 door civic is even higher.

Yeah, I know civics are high. I was just worried how high 240’s were. I guess I should call my insurance and get a quote before buying one.

civics and all that honda stuff is higher since the accidents and tickets rate for people that drive them is much more than a 240 driver.

my 240 was about 150 full coverage my acura 04 mdx was around the same. i was with economical i find them to be better then td my premium went down by over 1000 after a year. when i was with td it didnt go down by much at all.

^^ how old are you? And is the 240 under your own name, or your parents name?

My 1st time insuring a vehicle in Canada was with TD Meloche Monnex and they insured my 1988 Benz, I was about 23 with a g2. $215 a month. A year later they bumped it up to 240 for no reason…no tickets nothing.

Then Kingsway insured my 1988 VW Cabriolet last year with a G2 as well…$220. I really should go get my G.

Talk to a broker and see what options you have.

Too bad nobody accepts my 9 years of driving experience in 2 different countries, both RHD and LHD.

Try using Kanetix.ca

^^ wow, great site, I just went there just now. It’s very informative and a great online quoting system…though they don’t offer any accurate quotes for vehicles 1993 and prior. Either way, thanks for sharing!

I’d recommend Calling around, I’m with Desjardin and im paying 221 with 1 cancellation and no tickets on file, which is actually still pretty good for someone under 25. I’m 24 now too so insurance will be dropping in 3 months for me but yeah, Belair wont insure a car older beyond 19 years old so Dolph, you should keep an eye on your insurance info in the mail because they may cancel you based on that alone.

Yeah, Economical is awesome. And in case you accumulate a few too many tickets they will switch you to their sister company and switch you back when your tickets are off your record.

Economical insure a car no matter the year, right? Because I am trying to find a good insurance company to go with for my 1989 240SX, and also providing all the necessary coverages.

What kind of coverages do you have on your 240?

I’ve insured a few cars with them. I go through a broker and have never had any problems with them. I only get basic coverage. Mind you I had a few tickets so they put me with Perth, and once the tickets were gone I was back with Economical. Just call up Hunter Insurance Brokers and talk to Helen. They are in Streetsville on Queen St. They’ll give you a good price.

how much is economical roughly?