Is my bov a pos?

At idle if I cover bov horn with my hand it sucks it in… Wouldn’t this be a vaccuum leak? Pos bov?

not nessecarly, i had a BOV/DV and i didn’t have a bung welded into my inlet pipe so i just ran it open and it would be open. but with it recirc’d ( car had a maf) everything was good and it held 27psi fwiw.

what kind is it?

box says Xs power got it from someone here a while ago but it looked unused

Unless you’re running some uber ass strong spring all bypass valves open at idle, hence why the typical MAF equipped/atmo-dumping DV car runs like shit unless tuned for it…

My car is map but i still think it’s messing with the idle.

no, its the car that is

if its MAP not MAF then open at idle wont effect idle properties. xspower is some eBay junk though. but if it works without a problem then run it. if the vacuum under idle bothers you put a filter on it like some of the Vortech bypass valves have.

coming from the guy who stalks playgrounds and still plays with hot wheels.

thats weird because when i pinch the vaccum line going to it the idle clearly drops a little. no more bov its constantly throwing the iac off , making the idle jump up and im definately running more vacuum on the guage now.

XSPower is the same company as SSAutochrome last I knew. I had their headers and y-pipe on my car in the past. Quality was fine. I don’t know another about BOV’s, but just figured I’d chime in about the company. It’s not a POS Ebay company that you’re used to hearing about.