Is My Clutch Slipping??

I put the car on the road last week and Just last night this started.
Its a Blacktop with stock Clutch running stock boost for now.

Once Im in second and I go to WOT the engine seems like its holding back on me. Ive only noticed it in second but I havent experimented with all of the gears yet. Its just that once it starts to boost its just not accelerating hard at all and sometimes its hard to get in gear so Im thinking its clutch but I wanna get your guys opinions.

Also could it be a boost leak in the FMIC maybe? I know I need to replace the gasket between the turbo and the manifold but the car stalls when the BOV releases the air which I heard is common but stalling everytime I need to stop is ridiculous unless I rev the engine a bit.

Tell me what you think. Thanks.

-Sean Schreiter

My clutch did the same, because it was off road for nearly 3 months…
Apparently oxidation and crap will build up over time, and your clutch will or should mesh itself back together.

I got insurance on tuesday, it was doing it for a day or two. not much…
But now its all gone because I took it easy for the first couple hundred KM.

Just take it easy for a tank or two, then it should be cool…

Holding back is not a clutch issue.

A Slipping clutch will cause the RPM’s to sporadically
jump and sit there until you car comes up to speed.

Example: You Shift into 4th from 3rd at 5000rpm and
your engine stays at 5000rpm but your car takes a while
to match that RPM in that gear. Or when you hit WOT and
your engine revs up but your car doesn’t go any faster…

So its prolly a Boost Leak somewhere.

I know theres the leak by the turbo but it was leaking there before and this never happened. Ill go over all connections today and try to get this all sorted out.

thanks again.

Ok i found the coupling that was causing the problem so it is just a boost leak. Now I go to drive it and it wont start, seems like my battery is dead now. :evil:

It just doesnt stop…

oh well…what can you do. :slight_smile: