Is this normal ver. UPS shipping

soooooo I ordered this watch about a month ago and I have been waiting for it to be shipped and when they finally did, UPS decided they want to be soooo slow about shipping it.

Is this normal for them?

I remember ordering things from this site/UPS and they NEVER took this long. This is rediculous.

BUFFALO, NY, US 11/30/2010 12:31 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
BUFFALO, NY, US 11/29/2010 8:15 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
E. SYRACUSE, NY, US 11/29/2010 5:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
E. SYRACUSE, NY, US 11/28/2010 1:05 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SECAUCUS, NJ, US 11/26/2010 6:31 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SECAUCUS, NJ, US 11/25/2010 12:19 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
BROOKLYN, NY, US 11/24/2010 10:59 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/24/2010 8:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/22/2010 7:52 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

link didn’t work

ground shipping is usually ~5 days though.

Fixed. I know the holiday had something to do with it, but 2 days to get from NJ to syracuse?

Is it Ground service or Basic service?

I just had my first experience with UPS Basic - where UPS sometimes transfers your package to USPS for the final delivery - which usually tacks on an extra day or two.

Its basic service. Is that what they do now is give it to the USPS to deliver?

Yeah, sometimes that happens with basic. However, mine was delivered by UPS the same day it showed up as “Destination Scan”. There was never a “Out for Delivery” scan like on normal Ground service.

I was going to say, UPS ground NJ to anywhere in NY is 1-2 day, even with a holiday, possibly an extra day VERY rarely.

Looks to me like they recieved the order form on the 22nd, but didn’t get the package scanned in at the facility until 2 days later. That’s probably the fault of the vendor, not UPS.

It does seem like it’s taking a really long time though.

Fedex has an equivalent service called Smart-post.

Its when they ship to a USPS hub, then USPS delivers the package.

It blows, much slower than ground.

More and more internet vendors are using smart post, and the UPS fulfillment shipping, especially one of those websites that ship everything for free.

I’m not surprised at the vendor, they usually do take forever, but its been over a month since I ordered it. Now on top of it, I have to wait for UPS. Even worse, it’s going to my parents house because I never changed over my Credit card info and it still registers to their address and that’s where they made me ship it to. Talk about a clusterfuck…

What watch u get??

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/103828_19_1.jpg

nothing special, but it was a decent deal and I wanted a black watch.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

You guys called it, this just appeared on the tracking page…

BUFFALO, NY, US 11/30/2010 4:18 P.M. TENDERED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE

I’m sure I will get it tomorrow.

No packages(except NDA and SDA on the 26th only) moved on the 25th. so basically it was shipped on Monday. You also do not count the day of pickup as a transit date. it also looks like the company entered the shipment on the 22nd but did not give it to UPS til the 24th

I rehosted the picture, for some reason it stopped showing up.

factor in the holiday

Bumping this I guess.

I ordered a VSV for my car last monday from toyotaparts.com or w/e. Apparently they shipped it via UPS ground, which I wasn’t happy about but okay, it happens, I’ll wait. Now I just recieved this email this morning:

MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE.

Anddd…just recieved an empty box from the UPS guy. He told me I could decline delivery and it would be taken up with the supervisor at the receiving depot.

Fucking A.

So now what do I do? Wait for UPS? Cuz I CANNOT wait another week to recieve another part from freaking california via UPS ground. Should I call and complain that I want the part shipped next day?

I would file whatever required paperwork is needed for a claim with UPS and call the company and demand next day shipping.

any kind of shipping sucks…i have some clutch parts for a snowmobile coming from CT. was shipped out last monday, and wont be here until the 18th. WTF? 8 days for a package about 3-4 lbs to travel 7 hours. thats pretty sad if you ask me.

im also waiting on an order from technotic media to come in that i made dec. 6th…already contacted them once over a week ago. and theyre what, 1.5 hrs away and its been over a month?

edit…should clarify the last one since theyre on here…i did receive a response from them when i emailed them that it was being shipped out in a day or two…but its over a week for that.

why is ups/usps/fedex/etc so horrible lately?

You can’t count the day the package leaves as a shipping day. You can’t count Saturday or Sunday. Considering the NE is getting blasted the roads are probably a little slower meaning the trucks get in a little later and take longer to unload etc…I mean obviously if it hasn’t left your purchaser that’s a different situation perhaps they are backed up?

Eitherway FedEx gets my business for the hundreds of packages ship, if something is going to Hawaii, USPS Flat Rate. UPS shipped(to me) always comes seriously roughed up, some liquids leak etc… Even though I shipped right up until Christmas, I never have had a delay with Fedex this year. That sucks everyone is getting delayed, especially at the shipper.

^^^some carriers and usps deliver on saturday so i count that but not sunday. and the stuff was shipped out before we got blasted with snow. yes the one there was a delay because they never processed the order, but it has been atleast a week since it was shipped out and they are around 60 miles away. that should have been at my house the next day, maybe 2 depending on when it was processed. as for the other one, that should only be a couple business days, not 5-6.

its just not acceptable. and i do understand time frames for shipping, where i used to work i did ups daily and i still remember all the time zones and such for timeframe and cost of shipping.