iTunes App Store Now Available

Go to software update (not within iTunes, but just the general software update), and you should be able to get iTunes 7.7. You can see the list of apps currently available. There’s a ton for free, too.

Edit: I wont lie, I didn’t search to see if anyone else had already posted this, but I didn’t see anything in my new posts for today.

free is cool :tup:

can you jailbreak the new firmware (2.0) on the iphone/ipods yet?

wait a sec, did u say free and apple in one sentence?

Direct link to the App Store: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewRoom?fcId=285120206&id=25204&mt=8

Here’s a link to what everyone is pretty sure is the iPhone 2.0 firmware.

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4955.20080710.bgt53/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

I just installed it and am playing with it now. Do a backup/sync of your iPhone before you install the Firmware because it will restore the phone.

We get it, you don’t like Apple.

lol, kevins buying an iphone

shh, and yes im buying an iphone

The one person I know who tried to install the new firmware today bricked it. Just wait one more day.

lol i see myself running into issues

Then they’re dumb? You can’t brick the phone unless you throw it against a wall. Maybe they attempted to install the 2.0 firmware through iTunes 7.6.

You can get official iTunes 7.7 and the 2.0 firmware via Apple. (Link provided in the previous posts) If you don’t have a Mac, you can just go to the iTunes download via Apple’s webpage.

I’ve been running the beta 8 for a week now. I upgraded to 2.0 official this morning. :tup:

I’ve got pretty much all the worthwhile free Apps. Pretty cool. A little more refined than a jailbroken phone.

why can’t you? a simple software bug could possibly screw something up (or maybe it got unpluged while flashing or something)

Because then you just restore it again. :uhh:

I’m not debating how it “is or is not” possible to brick the phone, not sure why you are taking that up with me. I’m just restating what he told me, and offering my suggestion that you might as well just wait another day to have everything be smooth and official.

Everything is smooth and official. Infact, many news sources announced it. But then again the BBC didn’t… :lol:

apple. thats cool. hahahaha