jdm digital cluster

what do u guys think of the jdm, digital spedo clusters? are they worth getting?

They will tell you your speed a lot more accurately than the USDM ones. How much is it going for?

Evidence mark?

I have a JDM digital speedo myself.

You have a DIGITAL speedo? Since when? And how do you know its more accurate? What did you compare it to? Radar gun? EMS? Another car?

We used John’s GPS Lap timer/speed measuring box.

How accurate? did you test it over 100kmph? it goes squirley around 140ish.

Also WHEN did you get a digital speedo? Thats the one that uses the HUD btw… If you have numbers and a needle its not digital.

mark is talking shit.

i dont have a lap timer.

im thinkin of grabbin this one, i think the digital one looks a bit cheesy

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/khoolie/th_jdmcluster.jpg

that looks like a european speedo in a jap market cluster

i like how it goes to 240km/h, but still looks factory

I had one of those, it took me awhile to remember if I had sold it or not. They’re pretty useless imo, and make you drive faster than you normally would.

The only time your car can hit 240 is if you drive it into a 240.

LOL

speak for yourself. i havn’t even maxed my car out yet, but iv hit 150 in 3rd gear goin up the mountain access. another 90k is nothin

Are you n/a or turbo? You should be able to hit 240 with an SR no problem, but I’ve never been in a KA with no speed cut, so I’m not sure what they hit. They definitely still pull very hard up to speed cut at like ~185, but I doubt they would still have enough to reach 240.

:picard:

i have a stock sr and it pulls like a spaceship till cut off, 240km is no problem, especially if i turn up the boost, or upgrade turbo or whatever. these kids runnin there stock ka’s with half a million km’s kill me, get an sr then u’ll know. until then, know ur role and shut ur mouth

Oh man, I’m so scared, stock sr. Mark, hold me?

haha the world does not revolve around sr’s… race any KA with a t25 and you’ll be left looking for your tail. He’ll be shifting into 3rd and feathering it and you’ll still be waiting for the boost to hit in 1st.

fyi, I’ve hit 235km in my kouki with the KA before the turbo went on it. It’s times like that I’m glad I don’t have a timing belt.