Johnny Law Sponsored by Michael Braccini

yeah i cant see that theyre going to hold you responsible for accidently having a fake bill…even though they are supposed to use that marker that detects if its counterfeit or not on suspicious bills

if I had a couple fake 20s and got caught trying to use them… you better believe that they will nail my ass. They simply aren’t gonna let you go for playing dumb and “not knowing where they came from.” Law enforcement gets paid to not believe you.

yeah thats true, if you have counterfeit bills and try to pay with them and you get caught, yeah you better believe your getting nailed because they don’t know that you didn’t make them nor are they going to believe your excuse

exactly! thats why I ask the question…

Actually what would happen is they would list you as suspicous. There are many factors that would come into play before they would have enough reasonable cause to actually make a Felony Arrest. First you would have to have a previous criminal history, secondly you would have to be in possession of more than just a couple of bills. If you had lets say $1K in counterfeit 20’s then yes they would take you in for questioning. They cant just arrest anyone who has a fake bill. They need reasonable cause to arrest you for it because if they make one mistake during your arrest then you get off scott free as far as criminal court goes. It wouldnt be a big deal if you got cuaght with A bill or two.

so are you saying it’s ok to have a fake 20 or two in my wallet and use them until I get caught then stop? ;D

well, ofcourse theyll be suspicious of you, but after rummaging thru all ur shit and checking all ur bank statements and crap, theyll find out that ur telling the truth and not stamping em out in ur basement and ull be fine

The problem with counterfeiting is that its a federal crime, and if you only have a single fake bill or even only a few they aren’t going to go to the trouble with prosicuting you. They will try to scare you and threaten you and maybe even fine you(though that is doubtful) they are too busy with real crime to bother with a few fake bills. I used to believe having funny money was the biggest crime in the world and you’d get 20 years for having it, that was until one of my friends got caught. He not only had, but produced a shit load of fake 20’s, the local authorities had a number of fake bills reported but they couldn’t locate the source, this went on for about 6 months, I had no clue my buddy was the one behind it. It did seem odd that he had no job, but had a car, a custom bike and always had money to do stuff, but he was a resourceful kid and never seemed to worry about money, even as a kid so I didn’t think much of it. One day he was at a local gas station and filled his custom hog up with gas and went into pay for it, he gave the clerk a 20 and the clerk told him it was fake and he wouldn’t take it, my friend lacked social skills and was particularly weird, so he just froze, left the 20 in the clerks hand and hopped on his bike and took off. Of course the clerk called the cops, they had his picture on the survalience camera, his bike plate and a description of him, it didn’t take long for him to get picked up. The feds raided his home took all of his computer equipment(he was a huge computer guy) and hauled him away. He spent a total of one night in jail and lost his computer(s) and printer(s) they never pressed any formal charges because the case was too small to be worth prosecuting, after looking through his computers stored files it looked like he produces about $40k in fake 20’s over the course of 2 years.

The point being, while they try to scare you, unless its a huge sum they aren’t going to waste their time with small criminals, which is a shame. As a former retail business owner(recently sold the place) I saw very little funny money during my 13 year span of running the place, it was more common years ago, but in the last 5 years of being in business I don’t think I had a single fake bill come through my doors. I don’t know if its harder to reproduce newer bills, or criminals have found more profitable crimes or they are so good at it I just couldn’t tell, but it seems to be a crime that has diminished in the last 5 years.

people that work at amsa also get 10% from what they find in counterfit bills. if u find a dollar, u get a check for 10 cents :lol

thats crazy 40K in fake 20’s :wow, they must have looked DAMN good to be passing off that many for 2 years

Keep in mind it was his source of income for at least two years, knowing him he probably still has some kicking around that he uses.

wow…and he only spent one night in jail??? :nuts

I have little faith in the judicial system offering justice, it may not have been a night, it may have only been an afternoon, it was about 7 years ago.

all moving violations are a 2 point minimum. based on your record they can charge you with up to 4 points and the max fine which i think is 400-500$. its a sad sad story that i know this… :headbang

you are incorrect… you cant get up to 6 points on ONE offense… anything 10+mph over the speed limit is a 6 point violation plus fines OR community service at the discretion of the judge

Quote from: 91 teg b16a1 on November 25, 2007, 04:06:41 PM
How about an unreasonable and prudent speed ticket any one know about those

read carefully. this is the charge specifically for “prudent speed/speed not reasonable”. i am fully aware that you can get more points on one charge…unfortunately i have experienced it.

FAIL every speeding ticket i have is 19+ over and theve only been 4 points everytime and i have a pretty bad driving history as dar as tickets go

hmm odd seeing as i had a 88 in a 65 AND a 96 in a 65 and BOTH were 6 pt tickets.

I know how difficult it is for you all to check the DMV website.

So I did it for you:

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#points

Damn… I just went out to measure my front bumper… 13 inches to my front plate mounting just legal.

Sofar I got 2 verbal warnings, one ticket (2 hrs away from home) and last night 1 written Colonie warning, and another verbal warning in Schenectady 10 minutes later!

Whats with the no front plate hassels all of a sudden??? While I was pulled over the first time, in that half hour I counted 6 cars without front plates… and thats only watching one direction.

They could sit and write no front plate tickets allday long if they wanted to. I know why they pull over people for dumb shit like this, it is becasue they hope to find other stuff like drugs, guns, warrants. ect. Why not pull over the 92 Sunfbird for loud exhaust becasue it is rusting off and catch some scumbag drug dealer, or maybe tow the pile becasue the driver is suspended, no insurance, reg… shit that might actually save lives on the streets. instead of pulling over my clean, well maintained & lawfull (with the exception of the front plate) and a well dressed and respectfull your man such as my self.

OK rant over.