Junkyard Turbo!!??

I was Talking to a guy on here… “which he sold me a stereo bracket. good guy.” about a getting a Junkyard turbo setup. which from what i understand is buying randomly selected pieces off of volvos ect and putting them on my ka24e. i am very much interested in “turboing” my car. i am not the smartest person when it comes to knowing all this stuff. which is why im making this post. im sure i can do the work but i dont know what parts i need. iknow i need a turbo. a intercooler. but thats about all i know :frowning: if u have some info for me or parts that icould use. please reply to this or email me at sixfootjesus@hotmail.com. thank you!

there is aLLOT more to turboing a car then just the mechanicals… well there is if you want the engine to last more then a few km’s.
If all you want to do is spend a few $100 to turbo the car then good luck, no ammount of advice giving or discount parts will help you out. If your looking to spend the right ammount to do the job right, then you can talk to a few people on here who ahve done good turbo KA-T builds ona budget. AnDrEw is the person i would reccomend for a solid build up with the right parts ( learned from trial and error ) however you are going to need at least some parts fabricated to adapt your T03 volvo turbo and your IC piping.

ultimately how soild/reliable/functional your system is will come down to knowledge and $$ invested.

That’s good advice.

More immediately, you’ll run into problems with a manifold, oil and coolant lines, and piping for the intercooler. You can source some junkyard parts, but you get what you pay for, and the more you use the more custom fab you’re going to have to do.

I’ll recommend Bero as well… it’s pretty stealth his setup and he’s learned alot…

I think it was done on the cheap too…

my first set up was a junk yard style but didnt give me what i wanted so i sold it all and started over. Then I went big and had 100times better results.

ok so if i got to turbo this car how much appx should i spend on it. and /or if i want to get a sr20 redtop how much and who could do it for me? and again for how much over all would i be looking to spend. my car barley has any rust at all on it. its in mint condition so body work isnt nessesary.
thank you all for replyng to my post.

4 Grand if you install it yourself, without doing your own fab work. 3 grand with doing your own fab work. SR would cost you about the same, 3 grand for BONE stock, no catback, no nothing. This is based on you doing your own work, getting the motorset for about 2500 (average), and 500 on fluids, hoses, screws, random shit you have to buy from CT (TRUST me, random shit adds up to a LOT, even on a KA-> KA swap)

any bodyhave what i need to do everything?for a sr swap?

Maybe, the best way to find out would be to post in the wanted to buy section.

The way I see it, with only 4 grand to spend, the choice between SR and KA is between reliability and power. You’d prolly have less headaches, and a better daily driver with an SR, but an entry level KA-T will annihilate an entry level SR.

In todays market, with so many SR/240’s out there and the parts available fairly locally for them, the SR, would be the ’ easier’ to maintain out of the box. KA-T requires more hands on knowledge as every one is different due to personal choices. SR or CA would be the chioces you should look at for a reliable turbo car. If you decided to dig into combustion and turbo motor theory and learn the how’s and why’s then you can always drop whatever you want in it down the road.

the only cheap part i say to take for ur setup in a volvo fmic, its like 50-60$ an some of there piping, the turbo, uhh idonno, i made a custome short ram intake for my car out of junkyard volvo piping, works nice