Just a Focus

It’s just a Focus… with some tweaks we should have here in the US market.

Here’s the details so far:

This is a 2005 Ford Focus… Wagon

It has a 2.0L Duratec Engine with the following modifications:

Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
H&R springs
Focus Sport 2.25" exhuast
Focus Sport Oil Cooler
CFM underdrive pulleys
CFM 67mm throttle body
Comp Cams Vacuum Canister w/PIAB Vacuum Gauge
Cosworth Stg 2 Cams
CFM Adjustable Cam Gears
F2 Turbo Kit; which includes Master Power GT22 turbo, intercooler and piping, Turbosmart BOV and 2 stage boost controller, 2.5" downpipe, and custom tuning.
AEM UEGO Wideband O2 sensor
Autometer Boost/Vacuum gauge
MSD Dash Hawk
17" Falken Torque5 gunmetal wheels with Bridgestone Grid tires

There may be more, but I need to go through the list again!

All for a gentleman that walked in the door asking to go from A to B as fast as possible with a good margin of safety.

All the work was performed here at Gearhead Performance in case you were wondering!

BTW Pictures tomorrow!

Thanks for looking,

Jason @ Gearhead Performance

J did you do all the work or do you have someone that works for / with you?

I always thought the wagon was the best looking Focus.

My brother had an '01 ZTS sedan and that car handled like it was on rails, especially with the SVT rear sway bar. Moderately quick stock too.

I do all the work… I’m the only one here son. It gets lonely sometimes, but we’re busy so it’s all good! Unfortunately I’m only one person running the whole shootin’ match, but I welcome everyone to stop in!

Yeah, I like the way this one looks too. They’re really not bad little cars, but I wish they brought over some more of the euro stuff… like AWD and a turbo… yeah.

dude thats badass. cool. i really need to stop in sometime.

Is this the automatic one i might have seen at the lot?

what kind of numbers can you expect?

This one made it to the lot once I think, but if you’ve ever stopped by here you’ve seen it at one time or another. There’s been a few road blocks along the way with distributors and such.

This car should put down around 220 HP and i think 215TQ @ 7psi… which is about at much as we’ll see from the automatic, but the car is already slated to get a Lentech transmission with a higher stall converter to make some better numbers. The engine can handle 11psi without sacrificing engine life, but that dependent on how it’s driven. Unfortunately the numbers for the 11psi on auto are not available due to well, a crappy non built stock tranny. The car still hauls, but we’ve run into a flow problem on the inlet side of the turbo that’s causing overboosting which is being straightened out by a new intake tube which should be here tomorrow. Oh yeah, the oil pan baffle that got destroyed in transit will be going in as well tomorrow assuming the parts arrive on time. This is a pretty well rounded setup except for the intake flow problem.

Wow… SICK. I have an 05 focus for a daily and I hate it, but that wagon sounds awesome. Post some pics

actually sounds pretty cool man. gl

lol, it’s not a bad little car, really. It’s just a little rough around the edges when it comes to certain comfort features, but it’s a cheap and inexpensive car with some potential I never knew it had! The numbers that these car are puting down are quite remarkable for a stock motor when you compare them to a stock MAYBE 130 crank HP. Not to mention including the price of the car and labor it cost around 20k or so total to make a nice little DD.

its only cool cause its a wagon, if it was a hatch or sedan it would be gay.

Pics?!

that things is so awsome. good work j. now to make the sleeper swift!!!muuuuahhhhhhaahhhhhaaaaaa…

yeah it is quite the sleeper. before it had the kicks and it was just on hubcaps you’d never even notice it.
after a ride, it does rip pretty good though, its just too bad its an auto imo.

on another note, fuck riccardo.

I’d like to play a bit with this thing this summer.

You’ll actully lose a little bit of power(as the dyno reads) with a higher stall conveter. They take more power to spin, but the 60’ & 1/4 times will go down substantially! Cool little project

riccardo from duanesburg?

tis thing hauls very well …me and j took it for a test run the other day …i have to admit its quick … i loved the looks we where getting