Just a Focus

I saw this thing going down central with no bumper and a fmic sitting there. I was laughing

lol!

Definitely in for pics, I haven’t seen this car yet

no, the guy who runs F2. the company the kit was purchased from.

:nono

Well, the kit wasn’t exactly up to the backyard mechanic specs by any stretch of the imagination. If you didn’t have the knowledge or tooling you’d be up the river for sure. The problems mostly arose when I had to get hold of Ricardo, the owner of F2 USA. I understand that this guy has another job at the moment, but he needs to make sure his kits are up to the task of being 1. Installed without many problems and 2. Being able to support his product and 3. Being able to make sure that ALL the parts are there for the kit. There are a few things that I would have liked to upgrade or change, but it was pretty good for how much it cost. I would have like to not spend almost 4 days of work on it, but that’s what we get for going with the underdog.

Anywho, here are the pics I have now. There will be more when I get the bumper back on so we can get the full feel of how this car is.

WHEN DO I GET A RIDE!!! looks good j. fmic is tight yo!!!

Looks like F2 is a HUGE Fail. It’s been since December 5th and we still have yet to receive A) All the parts and B) A running vehicle! It took us nearly a month to get the proper turbo for the kit as well as new intake piping. The inlet piping was not even correct and the tune is garbage and runs the car at about 15:1! WTF! As far as the customer and I are concerned we have not received a turbo kit and I’m sure you can all agree with that rationale.

SO, F2 will be receiving a charge back for the partial non functioning kit as well as the kit back when the new one comes in. We went with FocusSports kit that uses a GT28R Garrett turbo as well as a better looking exhaust manifold and some WORLD CLASS support! So no more calls or emails out to the other guys and not getting a response back for a week or more if at all.

BTW we are looking to dynograph the car after this is all said and done so that FocusSport can use the information as well as the pics of their first Turbo’d wagon. Can anyone recommend a good FWD dyno locally or even within about 1.5 hrs?

Thanks guys! Hopefully you’re enjoying this project more than I am!

…Synapse?

damn sorry to hear j. well atleast you’ll be getting a hell of a better system. now get back to work! lol

I’ll see whether he wants to use a big dyno or the smaller dynopaks.

Moar pics! Looks awesome. Sleeper wagons are badass.

LOL, I’ll be doing an acutal turbo install this time as well as some pics of the de-install, but I will get a pic of the overall look of the car later today for everyone with the bumper on this time!

yes yes pics!

Saw this driving on 155 last week. Looks killer! Older guy drives it right??

Yeah, he’ll be back in business by the end of the week I believe.

synapse’s dyno is just fine for this jay. i had my 03’ focus dyno’d there with intake, header, exhaust and chip as somewhat of a baseline albeit on a different motor than whats in there now and laid down a WHOPPING 117hp/134tq :rofl. (zetec vs duratec) as far as other dynos, you have redline,synapse,moon performance in lake placid, a few in ct,nj, and nh… synapse will obviously be easiest.

Cool beans, GTK. Thanks, we’ll be looking into it in the near future because we’ll be putting in some time for FocusSport on that one.

hows that autotragic holding up …

Redline in Rotterdam, too.