Just a Focus

Redline only reads 3XXwhp for FWD car iirc…

That would be perfect for what we’re working with. This should put out about 190-200 HP with eqivalent torque numbers.

Hello folks, thanks for all of the support on this project! I am the older guy ( Thanks for reminding me 94gt5.0 LOL…all in good fun ) owner of the soon to finally be turbo’d wagon. To say the least it has been a Fucking bitch with set back after set back and none of it our doing. J at Gearhead has done a great job keeping the thing moving along even with the set backs. More than a few times, we were both ready to throw in the towel. I’m glad J stuck it out. Thanks to him, we are throwing this piece of shit F2 Turbo out and hooking up with some real pros at Focus Sport.

Silent, Randy at FS said that he can tune the issue with the tranny out by upping the pressure. Says it will shift hard and solid. I hope so as I don’t want to pony up another 3 K for a new tranny and going to a 5 speed is not an option with where I drive ( Nothing like Boston stop and stop traffic to make you appreciate an automatic ).

I can’t say enough good things about how J has worked on this project. I sound like an ad for Gearhead but it is what it is. The guy knows his shit. Can’t wait to finally really drive it and see what we have.

Thanks for the info on the dyno too. The goal is to have it dyno’d around the middle of March. Then we’ll see what it will do in the quarter. All I am looking in the quarter is to be consistent and to run a respectable time. We’ll (probably J) will keep this thread up to date.

vincent, ive dealt with randy at focussport several times myself. he’s a very good guy. knows his stuff so you are in good hands as far as the tune is concerned. im not sure how well the transmission will hold up over time though… as a short term solution, upping the line pressure will suffice but with added stress comes added heat and pressure on the clutch packs. in due time (probably 8-10 months) of driving with the car in boost it WILL wear out the stock “autotragic”. look into calling Lentec or level 10 for a quote of what you will end up having to deal with in the future. best of luck with a “real” turbo kit this time around. :thumbup

what? why?

Sweet deal. I remember meeting you one time you stopped by the shop, I was the kid who owns the red cobalt SS.

Really, I couldn’t tell by ur sig, name or avitar or anyything :lmao

Haha!!

Thanks for the input. You are right that the tranny will not hold out with boost over the long haul. I am hoping to drive it through the summer before I have to make the investment. Interestingly, Randy mentioned he has a customer that has had issues with Lentech. He did not have the particulars as to what was up. So a bit more research as to where to go for the trans.

good to see you on here vincent, car is looking nice! its been along time coming.

He runs it in reverse basically so the dyno won’t read any higer

Well that’s retarded…

Its redline…

Fair enough :rofl

:lol No harm meant. I just hope to have cool toys when i get old too:tongue. But on a serious note, real cool car, nice to see something different. I forgot it was an auto car, so that is going to bring the dyno #'s down some. So as long as youre comfortable with bringing it to Redline you should be fine. I wanna see this thing at the strip with a big converter and some sticky tire!!

Spins the rollers in reverse, so for some reason it can only read 350whp. Other than that i have no idea lol

Okay, so good news! Got the new kit in from Focus Sport and everything looks great. FNSkanks, Failmaster Trav, and I began installing the kit. Everything should be all set to go around 1 PM tomorrow for the first round of tests! Pics will get done tomorrow too!

Its suppose to be nice tomorrow. Hope I see this ripping down central again

your lucky your my boy jay, or i’d be shadowlining my car tomorrow instead. j/k man. :thumbup