WTBorrow: people.....to help me with my car

well guys, im planning on not going anywhere for spring break so i was going to do a complete overhaul on the focus turbo setup and work out all my kinks. the week i would be doing this is march 13-18th, and i know so far i can count on HotRodKid to be there. so far where i would be working on it is kinda up in the air, i was going to do it at my dad’s house where im storing it right now, but he put the house up for sale, so if it sells i gotta get the car out, and if it doesnt sell, i cant really work on it there and make a mess anyway. but basically if anyone knows they will be free that week anytime to lend a hand i would greatly appreciate it. im going to be re-doing the entire setup other than the downpipe and oil lines, so brownie points if someone brings a welder/has a truck to bring HRK’s welder over for the week for me. food and beverages are on me, first rides with new setup to all those who help lol. dyno day maybe at end of week, i have a buddy with a dyno that might do $50 all day long per car. i will look into that though

ahhh i would love to help but im goin home for the week. I gotta get the z all finished up and ready to sell

wheres ur pops live iam in if idont have to drive 6 days

yes, wheres your dad live? Im not the absolute most car inclinded person but if you need a hand just lemmie know - ill PM you my phone. :tup:

i specialize in holding the light or hanging onto bolts, not very knowledgeable but id like to help and get more incite

dont have a spring break sorrys

fucker stole my thread idea…i’m gonna need the same…

i dont know how much help i would be working on a focus seeing that i’ve never worked on one, or looked at one, or had anything to do with one…but if i can find a way to scratch your back, i wouldnt mind the same in return :gotme:

id be in… whereabouts in west seneca, im off of center road…
kevin

I can at least offer a truck to haul the welder if needed…I may also have some time on my hands seeing as my project is just about done!

my welder runs on 220v … do you have a 220 outlet for it ? we would probable have to find a welder that runs on 110

2 cars in the same spot is always a good idea, 8 people working on two cars is almost always faster then 4 here and 4 there …

im skilled at looing bolts and buning myself with the light, so anyone with your skills are VERY usefull (no joke)

Haha welllll maybe. If Im not in the middle of a road trip to Florida, then im in. Get in touch or ill do the same, Nick.

That is honestly so helpful you don’t even know. Or handing tools while ur under the car. When I have a helper that does those 3 little things, it seriously cuts the time in half.

i may be down for directing the non knoledgable people in the work they’re doing. and eating food and drinking beer. maybe even getting a little dirty … you’ll know how much i wanna work by what i’m wearing when i show up lol

well guys, my dads house is off of lake, two streets from 5 corners(taffy’s), and my moms house (where it will probably be if my dad sells) is off angle road about a mile away from there. and if it was at my dads if the cord is long enough, there is the dryer (assuming 220) in the room right off of the garage, back door right next to my car). so if we have to, i can borrow my friend bob’s wire-feed little crap welder to tack weld everything to place, and take them back to your house for final beads.

ill post the final details when the date is closer, and at that time ill leave it up to those who want to help to PM me, and ill give out my number/directions/etc.

ok people, THIS week is the week. the 13th through the 18th, all week will be rebuilding the focus turbokit and if the weather looks good from this point forward i will be putting it on the road AND the rollers this same week time allowing. anyone who is seriously interested in helping please PM me and we can work out details. would be great if someone had/could bring a little wire-feed welder to tack weld/mock up my shiznat so hotrodkid can take it home and finish it all off. food will be on me and rides for all that help once on the road lol

iam in dude just lmk. would be nice to meet u b4 we go to carlisle lol

we have met, you beat my focus when it was NA with an exhaust manifold leak remember??

Only things I’m good at is wiring, and anything involving a rattlecan. If needed HRK’s welder “might” fit in the back of my ghey wagon.

o yeah i got a truck, i forgot to mention that in the PM

shit then, if someone wants to bring HRK’s welder over extra points for jooo