Just Need Some Help on a Tire Decision

LOL… Budget = 600 bucks … Direzza Z1 Stars = 180 a piece…

Hey he can almost afford 3 of them. Excellent suggestions.

I wouldnt budget myself on tires…

Im not sure what you can get for $600 shipped in that size, not much in terms of a performance tire.

That Direzza Sport is a great tire if you’re looking for a street tire class autocross tire. It’s going to be very similar to the Azenis in both grip and treadwear though.

I screwed up and edited my first post where I called the Ventus RS2 a 300 treadwear tire. The Ventus RS2 is a 200 treadwear. It was grippy as hell and I burned through a set in one summer with limited autocross use, one dunnville track day and DDing. I was rotating them so all 4 were shot.

The tires I have now, and the ones I was thinking of in my first post, are Kumho Ecsta SPTs. 300 treadwear, not quite as much grip as the RS2, but quite, decent wearing, and plenty of grip for aggressive street driving. $133 each for your size from discounttiredirect and free shipping, so $532 to your door leaving you $68 to get them mounted in your $600 budget.

So you are willing to spend more money on wheels than the only component that transfers force from the road surface to the vehicle?

Excellent reading comprehension.

I have toyos, t1r, 275/35/18 very nice tire.

no i didnt say that, i could have easily spent $2000 plus, but i really like these wheels. they are very strong, very nice, and light wheels. and i am not going to budget myself on wheels anymore. i want to know what the best tire is for me and what i want, no matter of price.

Just as I thought…

The Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star’s are fantastic tires for you. They grip amazing, and should yeild you a reasonable amount of miles.

I dont think anyone is going to say different.

Well fuck me in the ass and call me susan… He must have editted his post… But he said he only has 600 to spend.

haha yes i did if you check the original, i also put the edit. i am not going to put a budget on my wheels

Well I don’t see the point in buying something ridiculous (well not that ridiculous) if you aren’t going to use it to its full potential… Sure if you were die hard auto-x and DE… then sure its a justified expense…

but spending the extra money (almost double) to maybe wear out 10% of the tires via those mediums…

:shrug:

Maybe my nose has grown and I’m a total jew now…

Im having azenis mounted tomorrow afternoon lol. WINTER TIRES FTW!!!

if you want a good tire, but likely to only last you one season, get azenis or Z1’s. The Z1’s have been getting better reviews, but the azenis are definately a good street tire regardless. The azenis are cheaper and will probably suit your needs now that you are not trying to be so budget concious. If you want something that will last you longer I’d step it up to something in the 280/300 treadwear range. I would not recommend the sumitomo HTR-Z II’s, as those are pretty sub-par performance and they wear rather fast (I.E. you are better off getting azenis).

I have run azenis for the last 3 years and they have been great, but are always shot by september (i also autocross 9-10 times a year). I am probably going to step it up to the Z1 starspec’s this year though…

What kind of street racing are you going to be doing that you need to justify buying Azenis class tires?

ok i have all the info i need. this can be closed.

im sure it can be closed now that you have yet again proven you are the opposite of awesome.