Just picked this up.....ProStreet Charger.

I bought it a couple weeks ago, picked it up in Erie PA yesterday. In Ohio for a few days then headed home with it. Gonna stuff the 426 from my 300 into it. Target weight is 2900 lbs without driver. It’s pretty sick.

The backhalf is all done. Dana 60,spool,31x18.50 MT ET Streets on 15x14 Centerline ConvoPro’s, Chassisworks subrame and ladder bar setup,tubular front control arms and all the tinwork done. The car was backhalved 12 years ago and sat in the garage since. Looks like some minimal upgrades to the cage for an 8.50 cert and get to building.

Soooo sick

Build thread please. This thing is going to be awesome.

So it will do wheelies when its finished riiiiight?

If it does I fucked up the chassis tuning.

nice grudge car for sure

Street legal??

Cool car and different too. You don’t see many pre-68 chargers around.

Cool car, looking forward to this build.

I’m a huge mopar fan , but this body style I didn’t like lol . I like what ya wanna do to it though .

Oh, boner.

This is a love it or hate it body. I love the style of it and the rarity. Plus the thing just sits right tubbed.

nice pick up man. My opinion it would be even sicker if you left the body as is.

Thought about it…but I really like a finished car.

I know of a few of these around this will be a awsome build man best style charger after the 69

Well it’s home. Tomorrow I unload it from the trailer, get it on the lift and start making a list.

As much as you want to make it clean and pretty… There is something about it just as it sits that has that awesome factor to it when it runs like a raped ape, and tech pops the hood and sees a new age EFI hemi in there doing the work. Perfect match of old and new IMO.

Although, the tin work, cage getting a scuff and paint after the updates are welded in, body looks solid-ish… with a proper paint job, and attention to details would make it a show car that goes like hell too.

If you go that route like it sounds like you are… what are the plans with the interior? To me thats where the Pro-Street gets its name from.

leave it as is…full aluminum and throw in a couple of stupid light seats. As I began to realize just how light this thing is I decided to go the full on race approach while keeping it it just this side of streetable. I am pretty sure 2800lbs and 800hp is a reachable goal with the finished car on my budget of spare parts and pocket lint.

its crazy isnt it… a car that size is 2/3’s the weight of the new one. lol

and I want to start wearing your pants, or you can do my laundry if your have 800hp in pocket lint. hahah

either way I am totally diggin the idea!

I barter a lot for my parts. Just don’t have the cash to buy outright.