Ka-T Running strong! But... tune?

Hey everyone, some of you might already know my previous threads about constant bull shiet problems with my new To4e kit, but now shes running strong. If i could figure out how to get a video off my camera onto here I could show it at the test and tune at cayuga from Saturday…

Was my first time at the track actually racing, and my best time was 13.9 at 104 mph which aint bad for 5 degree weather I assume. However my first run was 15.6 lol, I'll figure out how to get the video on here or link it, I am just pissed that as soon as I left I seen a new skyline coming towards the track, wish I could've stayed to get that on tape...

I am currently running with no tune however, although it runs really well I am afraid that the A/F could fuck the engine... The car also sometimes stalls while coming to a stop from higher revs like 3-4k+, could be a BoV recirc problem? Maybe i have to recirc it into the maf... I have a greddy emanage sitting somewhere, but I want to hold it off till next summer if possible...

personally, put the emanage on it now, and run it rich, with the timing retarded until you get it properly tuned, else you’ll have a scrap piece of metal under the hood, believe me, i speak from experience, i turboed my ka, leaned it out, now i’m dropping in an rb20. check the plugs also, if their whit-ish, it’s leaning out. and i had the same stalling problem with my car, i just never had enough time to troubleshoot it while i had the car running. also if you need some odd ka-t turbo parts, shoot me a pm’ i wont be using some of them again.

My KA-T ran well when I did it at first…than my injectors got stuck open lol, and didn’t have my wideband hooked up to notice. Thus hydrolocking the motor.

Anyways. Throw the emanage on and go get it tuned. A non tuned KA-T won’t last long…especially if they’re really isnt anything compensating for the fuel.
What are you using to semi “tune” right now?

I’m suprised she didn’t blow at the track - consider yourself lucky. But a direct response…throw the piggyback on and get it tuned (street-tuned at least).

Thanks for your input everyone, il take it easy on the car now and try to get it tuned this weekend.

booom chicky boom (x2) … boom.

welcome to the dark side. lol. DO not drive the car untill you get E-man in.

Ka-t arent meant for boost on a stock form. they are very sensitive require lots of TLC.
you better tune that thing asap before you decide to hammer it again. i am surprise that thing didnt blow yet from going to the track totally untuned.
Priority 1 :

• Get a wideband ( no wideband - No boost )
  • Get a fuel management
  • I hope you have larger injector than the stock 270’CC

Ka’s where made to handle boost.

I can chip tune your KA down to the tee, emanage, is garbage personally.

here are my results from my car running a chip tune.
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25421

But as mentioned if you dont tune it right you will blow it, like most others.

Wow, nice numbers drift master.
Definatly keep you in mind in the future.

how many psi were u running? nice time!

i have the same problem i just bought Darkforce KA-T its not tuned, also runs strong ,am searching for a place around hamilton where i can tune it for a fair price. be helpful if anyone knows a good place.

cheers!