KA-T setup Dyno session

Went on the dyno to have my car finished. I am happy with the results. AFR was at 12 and boost was set at 10psi (was running 9.X on the dyno).

My current setup is:

97 Engine with a 95 intake
T28BB Turbo (Rebuilt with a ported wastegate)
370cc injectors (DeatschWerks rebuilt and tested)
N60 Maf
Bottom mount manifold
Turbo elbow
Custom 3" downpipe
3" testpipe
5 zigen fireball cat back ~2.5" (60.5mm)
Custom 2.5" Intercooler piping
FMIC 28x7x2.5
OEM Nissan gaskets
NTK 02 sensor new
BKR6E spark plugs re gapped (tuner re gapped them)
OEM Fuel filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
JGS Vacuum block
Greddy BOV type rs
Greddy Profec-b spec II boost controller
S13 ECU (Almasi tuning)
Fidanza flywheel
Bully performance Stage 4 clutch kit
Optima redtop battery relocated in the trunk

Dyno session took place on a dynapack. Here it is !

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/yopoi/240sx/Torque_HP.png

are you running a S13 dizzy with the external coil, since you are using a S13 ecu?

thats a really nice setup, good numbers too. lets see some pics of the car, and the engine bay :wink:

Now thats what I call a torque curve!

Good too see some solid numbers, that thing must feel great right from the get go… I’m running a similarly sized fmic too.

How are the skirts working out for you Matt?

I am not running external coil. I removed the S14 ECU and rewired the harness to fit a S13 ECU.

Hehehe, yes the torque is there as soon as I hit the pedal. It’s perfect for my needs. The skirts are installed and they were in excellent condition, couldn’t have ask for more! I should post some pictures of my car one day …

Great numbers. Just wondering what Almasi tuning is? And who made your IC piping if you don’t mind me asking.

Almasi Tuning = Robin Almasi. He is a well-known tuner in QC.

I did all the IC piping custom on my setup and I even kept my reinforcement bumper (without cutting it) and my S14 OEM fogs :slight_smile:

Lets see some pics!

and Safety first!! Mine’s uncut and kouki fogs still in too :wink:

Does your A/C still work? :cool:

A/C is still working !

Nice!! another KA-T. The engine is not built right? Why did the tuner tune the car to 12 A/F? Yes you make more power but you run the risk of detentating. Do you have anything to detect knock? if not get something.

you have pic or video

The engine is not built. I have several ka’s at home ready to sit in the engine bay :). I don’t see any risk of detonation. I have 12 afr at WOT.

was the dyno tuning done in quebec?? im looking to have my ka-t fine tuned. p.m. me some details thanks.

With the Findanza, what’s your idle at? Do you notice it drops your idle and some times stalls the car?

The idle is the same as before. The car never stall. The difference is when you shift and when your rev, the rpm drops faster than with the OEM flywheel.

So it’s worth the $450 bucks?

I kinda like the laziness of the KA, makes driving it a lot easier. Btw congrats on your KA-T redpotatoes!!!

Since I had a deal for it, I did not pay 450$. I bought it used from someone and only paid around 200$ CDN with shipping if I remember correctly.

SICK… almost 2000rpm of solid torque… lol

stock internals? that really boosts my confidence when I build up my engine being I’m actually doing the internals. My goal is only 350hp max, so I figured I’d build it for 450. Reliability eh?

Despite how bullet proof the bottom end of a KA is, just because there have been 500+ whp KA’s on stock blocks doesn’t mean anything. It’s luck, and if it runs, awesome. But it’s sooo cheap to build a KA. Sure, it’s also cheap to just buy another KA when the current one blows. By building you get something that isn’t going to crap out on you in less than a season, and something that you can have more fun with

No such thing as luck, only good tuning