KA24E Blew Up!! New Video's And Pictures Added!!!

Here is a couple pictures of the engine bay just after the engine was turned off.
As you can see it is leaking oil pretty bad.
The video is showing how much smoke it makes.
Explore G K

Who cares what happend just fix it. I bet ur hg is leaking around cyl 3,4 internally. And you also may have skipped a tooth on the chain and running cam timing few def off.

Take the head and timing cover off and you’ll see piston’s and cylinder walls.
If they are fine o to dash distributors get corteco hg a set of valve steam seals or better off entire gasket kit. Order up a chain kit i think on the net you will find a better price vs locally.New oil and antifreze. Clean and reassmble.

If pistons or walls are damaged yank the sucker out.

Who cares what happend just fix it.
because you need to find out what went wrong and why to properly fix the problem. …and because i’m a h.e.t. and i live for this stuff

did your car overheat when your water pump packed it in?

pure water burning in your engine would still produce white smoke (steam)

have you pulled the plugs and checked them out yet?

at my work we have a scope with a light on it that you can drop right into the cyl through the spark plug hole and look around. i think you could use this tool. unfortunately theres no way they would let me take that tool home with me :?

im thinking its your headgasket. the reason your car would run fine when its cold is probably because the thermostat is closed and theres probably no coolant (water) in your engine block. once the car heats up, the 'stat opens and you’re burning the water again.

i dont know a whole lot about 240s yet but most vehicles have a knock sensor, that would retard the timing of the engine when it detects a knock, which in this case would be cause by the burning water in the combustion chamber.

so when cold, no burning water, car runs fine. when warm, water starts to burn causing the knock, and causing your car to run like shit and puff steam out the tailpipe

I just got back from red deer where i bought another KA24E and tranny.
I was told it had 140 xxx on it so it has 146 xxx less than the engine in right now.
I am not going to bother ripping apart the engine, just install the new one.
I was told the engine is from an 89’, will it work in my 90’?
Are the wiring harness’ and the ECU’s the same?
Need to know pretty quick.

Thanks!

IT WILL.

Geoff you and your retoriical questions…

Haha Geoff I was going down broadmoor blvd. thursday night and i hear this BANG
BANG BANG going the other way and i look back and see you driving.
It was around 11 pm. Sounds pretty bad haha

yeah I was driving with him, it was bang central for about 20 minutes

HAHA!
Ya it was definatly a noise machine that night.
Im suprised I didn’t get pulled over.
Dan had a good laugh that night, BANG!..BANG!

i was in the car sir
i was pissing my pants laughing
everyone was starring at him
blocked traffic when it quit running
neil drove it reving the crap out of it
backfiring everywhere
funniest thing ever :lol:

considering the cost of a KA, you did the right thing (assuming you damaged internals).

considering the cost of a KA, you did the right thing (assuming you damaged internals).[/quote]

ya, the engine and tranny cost me $50.
pulled the trans off last night, and i found a BRAND NEW clutch :E