kinda a paint?

ok guys got what i think might be a paint question but with some of the custom bodywork on my truck there is alot of new metal going in and there is alot of places like the bed floor that i’m flating out. basicly the floor i’m just cutting steel and drilling holes in the steel then plug welding it to the ribs on the current floor to give it the flat look i want. now for for the question how do i treat the underside of the new steel and the floor the keep it from rusting out from the inside?

undercoat both surfaces except where u are gonna weld. it will also cut down on the noise factor as well

ok i found an answer to my question if any body out there is in need of a simlar product it is call weld through primer it is like the factory coating that is on panels before they are put together

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/phatfarmer2/S3600683.jpg

if its bare metal, put some self etching primer or sealer on it, then undercoat it

nah,just buy some undercoating form advanced and it wil lstill be beter than primer,it is cheap,durable and will last for a very long time

seal the metal first then undercoat it is the best way but, listen to gtp he knows all

:nono: htis in an on topic thread,i do know what i am talking about:beer:

see i can’t use undercoating because i will be welding on the metal after it is in place so the undercoating will burn

Gregg, Volker uses the weld through primer. It works for what you are doing.