Kitchen cabinets?

Xterra, but I’m sure the gas mileage will still suck. 65mph it is.

Good to hear. :tup:

So am I going to get another countertop job out of this thread or what?

You sell countertops? If so then probably. Info man, info. Whatchu do?

he installed jager’s.

Correction, BUILT and installed Jaeger’s.
Worked for commercial millwork for the past 7 years.

He’s VERY VERY good.

SO, how did you do Fry?

By your lack of posts, I am guessing Not Well? :gotme:

i think jimbo did get some cabinets, and was working on getting something else…

He’s probably busy working on the kitchen

dot

Fucking nuts. My number was 157. They called 158, so I wound up being the last person to go in that morning.

But… My wife was 158. She was first on the list for 5 sets. We’ve got about 20 pewter glaze maple cabinets in the garage right now that we paid $3100 total for. Soft close drawers, double garbage can cabinet, 42" sink base, 2 pantries, etc. My old hand made knotty pine cabinets are now a pile of scrap outside my back door.

I didn’t even know that they made gray kitchen cabinets, but this set was the nicest assortment out of the 20 they had available that day. We’ll get creative with coloring. Probably dark counter, light walls, light ceramic tile with a dark grout. Recessed lighting. My wife’s got a great eye for decorating so it should turn out pretty pimp if I don’t fuck it up. :lol:

Surprisingly the Xterra got 16mpg pulling an empty 6x12 enclosed trailer, and 15.8 with it loaded full of cabinets.

Pics of the cabinets and carnage in the kitchen will come later.

I still can’t believe my wife got to be first out of 300 people. I was just hoping that we found something and didn’t go home empty handed. Talk about luck. :smiley:

lol

So I call Matt. “Dude I need some help unloading a trailer. I’ll feed you beer and watermelon and fried chicken.”

…10 minutes later…

“Dude, I managed to get the trailer unloaded myself. I’d tell you to still come over for food but the wife convinced me to start working on the kitchen right away in exchange for, ahem, favors.”

doc20th, I’ll definitely be in touch. :tup:

the random selection of who gets let in is pretty crazy.

estimated completion date Fry?

Although at the rate my wife is working on this shit, it’ll be done by Saturday. I wasn’t planning on starting until I was done with class at the end of the month. I think we were home for about 45 minutes before I heard a mini sledge hit the first cabinet.

Awesome.

Glad you guys found something. :tup: It is an “interesting” experience.

Total of 300 people is a fairly small crowd. Average is around 450-500. Were you nervous while your wife was in there before you?

Yeah it seemed slow compared to the stories I had heard.

Ha. She gave me kind of a deer-in-headlights look when they called her name. So I just told her go straight in and put your name on the list for 5 sets. Just pick 5 numbers if you have to.

So then she left and I just started laughing as my 115-pounds-soaking-wet wife pushes past all of the contractors and pushy old women and disappears into a big ass warehouse. I knew she’d be fine, and she knew what she was looking for so I wasn’t worried about what she’d pick. I guess she just kind of ran past all the sets taking note of which ones were a nice color on her way to the table. One girl got to the table first but didn’t know what she was doing so my wife wound up being the first person to sign up for anything.

She put her name on a nice big pantry type of cabinet for our bathroom too, but some cranky old bitch pulled our name off and bought it. Oh well. Such is life.

How much would the cabinets have been if you got them @ a home store?

oh man… that made me LOL

you probably saved thousands purchasing everything now

Well I was quoted a lower end brand made of oak not Maple with no options at Lowes for $8k… I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the same set with all of the same options would be close to $15k. Just guessing though. :shrug:

Sounds like a good deal.

And thanks for giving me a call to take down the old cabinets to use in my garage. :wink:

Any pictures?