Kitchen cabinets?

I remembered, but the problem with the old pieces of shit is that they weren’t cabinets that were built and then hung on the wall. They were just sort of build in place, with walls forming backs and sides of cabinets, frame pieces attached directly to walls, etc.

They’re in a pile on my back deck if you still want em. :stuck_out_tongue:

evane, read what you quoted. :wink:

Probably wouldn’t have mattered. As hot as it was this weekend I probably would have said “I don’t need cabinets in my garage this bad”. Lounging around the pool > working on tearing out shitty old cabinets.

:word: :hang:

sounds like a good result. :tup: what time did you guys get in line?

Lemme know if you need a hand… im two minutes that way -->

Yea, we’re “starting” ours this week two, now that the dining room is progressing. :hang: Altho we’ve pretty much decided to go the cheap local route, I do wanna stop by & peek at yours before we go buying local. If yah dont mind.

Oops good going reading comprehension…

Piktars:

The white one’s going in the bathroom.

Cabinets:

Sink base:

Corners:

Vent fan for a hood. Came with the kitchen. We won’t use it so I guess I’ll sell it.

More cabinets. Going to have to order that door.

Some destruction:

Somehow making progress despite a complete lack of time:

Looks great, hoping to make the trip to OH in a couple months.

:tup:

Nice to see you got a place to store the WHEY already. :lol:

The pantry cabinet with rollouts is $$$.

Besides the cabinet door you mentioned, is there anything else that you will need to order?

Nice…

When you decide to tear up your flooring/subflooring…
I have a few gorilla bars you can borrow (10", 24", 36")…
One of my favorite/best tools :slight_smile:

nice, you better eat your mini wheats!

Nice. I’m going to circular-saw the entire 3 layers of flooring into 9x9 squares so that I have a prayer of getting it up but that might help.

Yeah, the whey goes in the back of the cupboard. Cuz I work out so much. I’m going to have to get a piece of glass cut for the wall corner door, and we’re probably going to put skins on the ends. That’s it cabinet wise. We’ll still have to get a countertop, handles, and probably an over-the-range microwave with vent fan.

Ha. I think I’ve owned that can of decaff coffee for about 5 years now.

You realize that the nails are spaced on ~6" squares?

There should be hundreds of them holding down your sub floors.

No need to saw.
You get the 36" bar under the underlayment, then hit with BFH.
Then your floor comes up in nearly 4x8 sheets.

I have removed 3 so far in my house. 2 from the kitchen, and 1 bathroom.

Its probably a days work to get up all 3. With a saw, it could be hell.

The saw worked pretty well. Maybe I’ll try the pry bar too. Use both, lots of beer and swearing. Eventually it’ll be done.

With 3 layers, the nails are going to be everywhere and numerous. I had two layers on mine and tried to pull them up in large sections without any luck. I ended up cutting the linoleum in strips of 24" wide and then using a prybar/hammer to take it up.

After you pull up all of the floor, check for any nails left in the floor. Then pull those guys up with nippers.

Yep. Saw. Pry. Piss. Swear. Groan. Sweep/pull up leftover staples/nails. Mortar. Mortarboard. Mortar. Tile. Grout. Advil.

What is the subflooring? Is it plywood or tongue & groove?

For extra, added security you should check for any squeaks or soft spots in the floor before you tile. I went along and screwed the floor down along the joists about every 6-8" to eliminate any future issues. Use a strong screw (8x2" and make sure you counter sink.) With tile, you won’t get squeaks, but you could get cracks. :ohnoes:

I took my floors of one layer at a time, so my sheets came off mostly intact.
Infact, there are a few of them still in my garage. I have been way to lazy to cut it down for trash day with all of the nails in it.

Power tools are fun. I’m just going to cut it up.

It’s tongue and groove. I’ll tighten her down before I start in with the mortar board. I also should start thinking about whether or not I need to do a bit of jack pole style floor leveling. There’s a bit of an uphill slope by the outside wall.

God bless Tonawanda clay. Except for the work that I’ve done in the last 3 years there isn’t a plumb surface in my house.

nice, they’re actually made of mdf and decent quality ply…?

:tup: for progress.