Kitchen cabinets?

All plywood, with maple doors and face frames. No MDF.

The progress is about to get slow. My house is block, not wood framed. So at the outside wall, there is an HVAC duct and a vent stack running outside of the wall. The old cabinets were just built around them. I think I’ll frame it in so I can sit all of the cabinets on that wall evenly without having to hack them up. Just got to figure out how to not wind up with a goofy looking really deep window sill. You can see what I’m talking about here:

close your dog food bag or it will go stail

or even possibly stale.

Fuck. I wonder how much drywall dust fell in there…

ehhhh. if you have to ask…

If your dogs start to get dumber, you may have lead paint?

My floor had a ~3" drop over 4’
:frowning:
I think my post’s have flexed the basement floor some because it looks to be sagging again. I need to re do it with a nice cement footer and an I beam in place of my 4x4 :smiley:

And… whats with guys playing horseshoes outside your building?

Oh them? They’re playing horseshoes outside my building.

And I don’t think my shepherd could get any dumber. Well, she’s really intelligent and can learn anything, but her personality just screams “foam helmet.”

Anyone ever rented a dumpster? I’m going to wind up with more scrap than can be left at the curb.

pick up truck + the dumptser behind the car wash on sheridan a few blocks west of you = free.

:snky:

Putting everything into boxes that weigh less than 50lb, and the town taking it away is fun. You already pay for the service…

I would be interested in what a dumpster cost’s you… I need a roof :slight_smile:

Yeah. I practically already have to put a pink bow on anything I put at the curb to get my garbage men to take anything. I’m definitely not about to turn a pile of rubble into nice neat easy to manage packages.

I’ll let you know how much a dumpster is. I’ve got a bunch of other shit in the house I have kept just because I don’t have a good way to ditch it anyways…

If you can arrange a pickup truck and/or trailer then you can take it to Modern Disposal on Ogden St. near William. If you are a city of Buffalo resident or know a city of Buffalo resident with a license and two utility bills to prove residency, you can take up to a ton of waste there, per year, for free. If you are not a resident it is only $55/ton.

Just collect all of your rubble and make one trip. I took my entire kitchen gut in one pick up truck load.

Call them first, as their hours are a little screwy.

oh, and a dumpster goes by weight. Plan around $300-500 for the rental and debris weight.

Ah, OK. I guess I’ll get an open trailer and take it somewhere. I wonder if I can dump it in Tonawanda…

Seriously, take it to modern disposal and make a friend from the city of Buffalo. Have them drive the truck in, you ride shotty. Driver presents his license and utility bills, they weigh your truck/trailer, dump crap out, weigh you again, drive away. FREE.

:tup:

Nooo…
Get a dumpster…

Then I can “know a guy” with a dumpster.

…don’t ever buy a block fucking house…

Been building frames around utilities all morning since they don’t go through the block wall and toggle bolting them to these fucking brittle old cinder blocks that masonry screws don’t stand a chance in. :rant:

Update: I’m regretting having purchased a countertop from Kitchen World in Lockport.

I purchased a $1XXX countertop 4 weeks ago. Paid for it in full. (Stupid me.) They claimed the shop would come take final measurements within 2 weeks and by the 3rd week it would be installed.

It’s been 4 weeks and I’ve heard nothing. I called twice yesterday and then again today and had to get nasty. The lady offered for me to call the company that apparently makes the countertops for them since it’s their problem. “No, I paid YOU.”

If the other company doesn’t call me by tonight I’m going to KW in person. I’ll make as big of a scene as I have to to get my money back.

TT the guy that did jaegar’s countertop.

my parents had HUGE hassells dealing with kitchen world…

our 5k cabinets showed up with multiple blemishes/ unstained panels/ broken/chipped corners TWICE… both times they installed the cabinets and didnt tell us until we went over the install and called them on it.