KONY 2012

LOL

I think it sucks that we have to investigate charities to make sure they are legit. It sucks that we have to research allegations of inhumane actions, just to make sure they are really occurring. I think it’s worse that we can’t trust other people, especially charities, rather than people reposting what appears to be a noble cause.

They actually rate charities on their transparency. Some have a great cause but high admin fees which is really common among the breast cancer stuff. Most only donate < 20% of anything they take in because the people running it are paid so well. There is some that donate almost 100%.

I think it sucks that people these days can’t investigate for themselves, and do what they are simply told to do.

I want cheap gas. Lets start a movement for that.

THIS^^^

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

It’s called the petrodollar and it is keeping the cost of gas down. America…fuck yeah!

I haven’t seen this many white people interested in Africa since slavery was legal.

This!
Every time someone asks me if I want to round up my change and donate it! Or donate a dollar for yadda yadda yadda, I get quietly mad and say no.

In general I feel monetary charity is like giving someone a fish (depending on the charity I suppose). I would rather see people taught how to fish or to be prepared with the fishing gear needed to catch their own instead of tossing them a trout.

That video would have been better if it was set to African Child.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZRabwc1nkfk/TafEKWUfwjI/AAAAAAAAAEE/uqIEo9grb6I/s1600/africanchild.jpg

I don’t want to get married but if I somehow do I am definitely getting a blood diamond.

this is going to sound extremely hateful… but i’ve had this discussion before with one of my buddies… the problem with Africa, is most everyone there has the “ouu shinny” syndrome, 90% of them, given the chance, would do bad if they could benefit from it. If you take out Kony and his cronies… it just opens up room for others to step up. The problem with most countries in Africa… is… they have no will to succeed. Look at America… look how fast we became such an amazing country. The continent of Africa as a whole is just fucked. It’s been inhabited for hundreds of years before America, and they are still living in mud huts. The only way to make any third world country work is to cleanse it (no, not genocide) but, go in, remove every corrupt asshole and bring them to justice… remove every education system they have and replace it with 1st world education systems… remove any judicial system they have in place…because it’s not going to work. ETC ETC

The funny thing is…this shit happens in our own backyard (Mexico) and no one could give two shits.

You just lost any credit you’ve ever had with me with this sentence.

:bigtup:

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

:bigtup:

How to Determine If a Charity Like Kony 2012 Is Worth Your Money

A better cause… CAMACHO 2012

Okay? And your point is exactly? It’s the truth, you can take from that what you will.

I think you’re looking at this as a hate statement… It’s merely an observation… an observation that states that NO ONE in power over there could give two shits about anyone of their citizens.

You think Africa was inhabited by humans hundreds of years before North America. When in fact it was well over one hundred thousand years.
There are also people in North America that live in mud huts as well.
Your entire post reeked of ignorance, not hate.

Whens the last time we where this interested in Africa? The slave trade?

No fucking shit, I said hundreds, did I say HOW MANY hundreds? And I know people in NA live in huts, look at Mexico…Mexico is also a failed state. What I’m saying is that place is so far gone it’s going to be near impossible to try and “fix” it.’

edit: you’ve lost all credit you’ve ever earned. You actually believe that I thought no humans inhabited Africa prior to 1500? LOL. There’s so many other things you could have chose to disagree with, and you chose that? LOL :facepalm:

So in short: “I think you’re dumb because you noticed I made no sense in my post.” You should have just went to the “I’m rubber and you’re glue defense”.