KONY 2012

oh man that sequence is brilliant.

i posted that VICE video about General Butt Naked last year or so… it’s pretty sick shit. Vince actually interviews the he takes them around and shit… i bet Vice could have got Osama in 2 weeks like that.

*edit… here it is.

Vice guide to travel… gun markets of pakistan AND the Liberia video… so wicked.

http://www.politisuck.com/showthread.php?162863-Vice-guide-to-Travel

Almost as if you plucked the thought out of my mind. How many “8 year old” kids did we blow up for oil & the petrodollar? And we have the balls to claim we are humanitarians? Charity and humane actions start at home, once we dial our shit in then let’s tell others how to be humane.

Added—
Based on the level of outcry I’m guessing the average American couldn’t find the shell in a shell game, even if all 3 cups had shells under them.

^^^^^A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This makes me want to start a charity with 99% admin costs.

lol at this from their stats:

This video is most popular with:
Gender Age
Female 13-17
Male 18-24
Male 13-17

Damn kids these days.

Hipsters have been given a cause

Love how nobody gives a shit about this sort of thing until it’s cool. I’ll be consistent, I still don’t give a shit.

We have problems of our own in this country that we should be worrying about first, for me it’s that simple.

If only politicians could be this honest and consistent.

I wonder if the people who suddenly care about this issue now can name their congress person, a republican candidate, or when election day is.

Below was my full Facebook rant based on the # of people making this shit go viral and annoying me.

"While concerning, we are not the world’s police nor do we treat others (even fellow citizens) very humanely. If the title of “world’s police” comes with the title of “superpower” we should ditch the superpower title and get back to focusing on our own issues at home. Humane treatment starts at home, just as charity does. Are we seriously a nation claiming to fight for humane treatment of others, despite blowing up the middle east for their oil? How many “8 year old” kids did we blow up fighting for an oil addiction & the petrodollar?

The only time this stuff hits our radar is when there is profit to be made, votes to be swayed, a diversion or for other impure purposes. How many believe the IMF and World Bank aren’t in place to funnel profits and strap impoverished nations to interest bearing debt? We actually fund warlords and people like Kony in reality. 8/

We simply can’t afford to meddle in the business of other nations with our current debt load and trade deficit. We are broke people, fundamentally broke!"

Outside of everything else my main arguments are these

They could just raise money for Ak47s and supplies then all the people in the US that support this could fly over and handle it?

The current option is what? Raise awareness and try to force the US government to send our military into another guerrilla war zone? Causing more US citizen death by people who wanted to defend the US and not police the world?

It’s easy to try and pressure the government into taking military action when you’re not the person risking your life and you can protest from your ipad at starbucks.

So I know is going to sound backwards because US troops make up NATO but wouldn’t this be a situation NATO takes action in? Using troops from all over the world?

Also this video says the US doesn’t help other counties? I’m pretty sure we got involved in WWI/WW2/Somalia/Bosnia/Libya and a number of other places

oh 4chan

I think the obvious answer is to nuke Africa. Would anyone miss it? Is it a large travel destination.

^I JUST FUCKING DIED OH MY LORD.

You really hit the nail on the head with this post. There are always going to be assholes in the world. To me, this isn’t worth ONE American life. If people are so passionate about this let them go volunteer to fight against it. Many Americans volunteered to fight for the French and British in WWI, for the Poles in their fight with the Reds, for the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War, for the British and Chinese early on in WWII, for the Israelis etc etc etc. Let the people who are so passionate about this DO something about it. People of my generation think changing your picture on Facebook, liking a post or going to rally is going to change the world. Its not going to do shit. Look how that occupy wall street bullshit panned out. Imagine if this shitty generation had to deal with a REAL problem like WWII “change your profile picture to stop Hitler!” We would be speaking German.

RON PAUL!

I guarantee Ron Paul would not do a damn thing about Kony.

EDIT: And that’s a good thing. Not our problem needs to be the core of our foreign policy for a few decades at least.

When I posted this I really thought that kony 2012 was a moving video and I felt like they were doing a great thing. The next day all these articles started coming up exposing all the facts about IC and I was shocked. The fact that everyone blindly started posting this video just shows we are human. If someone keeps feeding me emotional facts while showing cute african kids in those condition, and the continuos shots of his own son…I am obviously going to support the cause, especially if it’s just copying a link and posting it. A lot of people had no idea what was going on, and I was included in those people (apparently I am doing some sort of political science degree…I should have came across this at some point)…I won’t be donating to IC just because of how little actually get’s seen by the cause but I am glad it has made the problem visible. And what I didn’t realize earlier, we don’t need another military intervention. Remember Kony’s army is made up of kids, and if they fight…those kids die to.

“The fact that everyone blindly started posting this video just shows we are human.”

I would suggest that it shows how naive & dumbed down America is and how the majority swing from the medias nutsack. If you can’t argue BOTH sides of the issue you probably haven’t performed sufficient research. It sucks that the majority cannot think for themselves and they rely on the media to shove their agenda down American throats, claiming it’s knowledge.

Remember Jamie Rodemeyer? That gay kid that killed himself in Willyville cuz he got bullied? And everyone felt bad and shit?

God, I hate FB “trends”.

I didn’t give a shit about that kid, I don’t give a shit about Africa.