Kouki (new paint job help)

I’m contemplating re-painting my car this summer as it has quite a few dings and scratches (previous owner must have literally stored the car inside a giant bird cage or something)…I know Maacco does cheap, basic paint jobs - but I don’t want to spend money on something that’s going to look even worse…

My car is black, original paint. If I was repainting, I may consider doing a different colour…anything I need to watch out for? (I’m guessing if I want to change colours, it’s going to cost a pretty penny to do it right)

If anyone has any before/after paint job pics, and a price/shop they went to, that would be great.

MAACO sucks. for a above good paint job you are looking at spending in the ballpark of 2000-2500

if u are gonna paint it don’t cheap out, lastyear I got a paint job for 1000 bucks and damn did i regret it after a few months, no word of a lie after the paint job my car rusted more.

Was your car rusted before the paint-job?

Life isn’t like Grand Theft Auto, a paint job won’t automatically fix your car and make it brand new again.

A good paint job costs over 3k these days and that’s not changing the color. You want a color change I’d add 1-2k depending on how indepth you want to go. Just the engine bay alone can cost a fortune if the paint shop has to pull the parts.

For 1k to 2k you aren’t looking at anything special. If there is rust on your car you better budget even more money because fixing that aint cheap.

If I were you I’d really think about it because the cost of a good paint job will never raise the value of the car if you have to sell it.

Ya true. I don’t think I’ll end up going for a paint job - my money can be better spent on wheels, a KA-T setup, or an engine swap, etc…If anything I can replace parts of the car with performance parts (i.e. carbon fibre hood) and get rid of the scratches and improve performance at the same time.

I have a friend who just repainted my whole chevy avalanche for 1500$. Im sur hed sand and do your whole car for a grand cash. He’s a bodyman at a local collision repair shop in St. Thomas and is always looking for side jobs like this. I am more then impressed on the work he did on my truck.

Any pics? Did you repaint same colour?

let’s say I wanted to get all the tools needed (air compressor. gravity feed spray gun ect) in order to sand/pant/wet sand my car in my own garage.
how much do you think it would cost me?

$1000 for air compressor
$500 for other tools
$250 for materials
?

im asking because that’s what I want to do this summer to my 91’s paint
(Sorry to steal attention from OP)

if some one rents out the compressor you buy, u will make the money back for the whole cost of everything u bought over time, everyone needs a compressor 10 gallon or more works fine

vinyl wrap that shit!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/emazingef9/qpanel.jpg

^lol…sounds like another flat black raddle can

repainted same colour. Look at what a platinum 02 avalanche looks like on google, it looks stock.

Honestly its all up to you.

You can choose to repair the body, aswell as any imperfections, then maybe attempt to do the paint job yourself.

Or you can always just save the coin and go with both, aswell as getting them prof. done.

Either way costs money. The only real difference would be what colour you choose, and how in depth you decide. For a random example : ALL rust removed, underbody sprayed, exterior painted Candy red with gold flakes… etc. It would cost you an arm and a leg just for just the paint.

The choice is yours though. My personal opinion would be saving up, fixing everything, and re-spray a new colour to refresh the look. Might aswell do it right the first time. No shortcuts.

i dunno:dunno:

0.002$

Kouki is best in Silver Moss, save the cash n do it once n do it right