Last days on earth

watched about half of a 2 hour show last night on the history channel talking about the top 7 things that could kill us on the last days.
They talked about an
A Black Hole
asteroid strike
super volcano ( like if yellowstone erupted)
disease
Climate change (Global warming)
Nuclear War
Artificial Intelligence ( Im kinda pissed i missed this one)

It was some scary shit to watch…

Asteroid: NASA said that on april 13, 2029 there will be an asteroid that will come so close to earth that it will be able to pass under our satellites. then depending on gravity we may not be so lucky when it returns 7 years later on the same day. Also said that if we seen such a large asteroid coming straight towards us their plan as of now would be to fly a ship out to it and use the ships little gravity it has to spin the rock out of the way from us so years later down the road it would miss us. But they also stated that they have not been working on anything of the sort and the amount of people working on the subject of a huge asteroid strike probably isnt enough to fill 1 shift at mcdonalds.
Super Volcano: Talked about Yellowstone and if the magma deep under the ground started to erupt it would create 1 large volcano. The eruption would send ash into the skys and pretty much destroy crops and food across the nation within a few weeks or so, then the rest of the world would feel the effects some time after destroying most human life.
Disease: They said that its becoming more and more, avian flu and such. Saying theres always a chance of a huge outbreak in a virus killing alot of mankind. Stated that there were 2 different outbreaks in the early 1900’s that killed 100’s of thousands. And the fact that people now create disease for bio weapons it doesnt help. Also that most sequences on how to create these type of things can be found on the damn internet.
Climate Change: Greenland and Antarctica are melting much faster then they thought it would. Sea level has become like 8 inches higher or something like that. and if Global warming continues that both will continue to melt and we could see a rise in feet. They said around 13-18 feet that california, london, china, and other such places around sea level could become under water, and california could even break off.
Nuclear War: How US and Russia have thousands of Nuclear weapons stock piled. said it would only take 15-20 nukes to destroy the earth.
They said it would most likely happen by Accident, ex: Russia launches a Missle by accident, then US would see the missle, President would be notified and normal procedures would be to launch back in retaliation. But then russia would see ours and launch back and so on and so on :rofl:

The other 2 , black hole and AI i wasnt around to watch but probably would have been neat to see the AI part

What is your thought on this? How do you think we’ll die off? It’s happened before, whos to say it wont happen again?

I say good riddance to California.

I watched that like last month… I hate seeing shit liek this on tv…

The nuclear weapon one, we(the US) have the tecnology to shot missles out of the sky so even if russia did that we would shot the missle and the we would probably just blow russia off the map…but i think it will b the metior one that we will die. If global warming happens and the ice caps melt pennsylvania is high enough from sea level that we will survive…STICKY for this forum!:bigok:

i agree

Bullet to the head b4 i die like that…

if its the end of time and mankind is destroyed theres nothing we can do. game over.

fyi: most of your posts dont make sense and i cant understand them

sense maybe?

whoops lol

thanks for the catch

flip flip

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22994

Every one of use has a predtermined time to go, that said mine will be in a car driving fast…

Or a plane crash, not sure yet. LOL

I think the greatest chance would be an asteroid. One passed between the earth and the moon in the last few years, bet that was a close call you were never told about. Black hole would be sweet though.

I wish California would break off sooner.

I think a major disease could wipe out a good portion of the world.

However, I won’t be losing any sleep worrying about any of these.

you should worry and not sleep and be afraid that everything you touch is a weapon of mass terrorism and the climate is changing soooo fast that severe team 11 noticed that it is 39 degrees in homewood and 41 degrees in monroeville and we are all gonna die . right now im packing my basement full of can food and putting duct tape around all the windows and doors. j/k i hate tv!

Till the day they make that much duct-tape, the world could end twice.:booty:

I love how global warming was the number one on their count down. Does anyone really believe that bullshit? Polar ice caps used to come all the freakin way down to Michigan. Cave men didn’t start flipping out when they started to melt back a few hunder miles. One big volcanic eruption puts more garbage in the atmosphere than all of our cars ever. That doesn’t destroy everything so neither will our cars. They where using 30 year case study’s to prove that the earth is gettin slightly warmer on the average. Stupidity. No shit its getting warmer. Fuckin democrats

ummmm, hello??? killer bees???

The oceans are a global reservoir and redistribution agent for several important constituents of the Earth’s climate system, among them heat, fresh water and carbon dioxide. Whereas these constituents are actively exchanged with the atmosphere, salt is a component that is approximately conserved in the ocean. The distribution of salinity in the ocean is widely measured, and can therefore be used to diagnose rates of surface freshwater fluxes1, freshwater transport2 and local ocean mixing3—important components of climate dynamics. Here we present a comparison of salinities on a long transect (50° S to 60° N) through the western basins of the Atlantic Ocean between the 1950s and the 1990s. We find systematic freshening at both poleward ends contrasted with large increases of salinity pervading the upper water column at low latitudes. Our results extend a growing body of evidence indicating that shifts in the oceanic distribution of fresh and saline waters are occurring worldwide in ways that suggest links to global warming and possible changes in the hydrologic cycle of the Earth.

i believe some of it… what don’t you believe? surely not that fresh water is mixing with salt water… so is it that you do not believe that the said mixture can cause different weather patterns?