License to carry

yea I hate my Hi Point, feels heavy and I could never get it accurate no matter what rounds I sent through it.

I like glocks. Id spend around $500 or so for a good pistol cuz im pretty sure Id have it for quite sometime.

Looking for something in a 40 or 45.

There are so many good choices for a Micro…

Springfield Micro .45’s and the Glock 36, slim grip, both have 7 rounds of .45 ACP and a grip that’s manageable.

Then there’s the S&W 99 compact, the S&W M&P, the CZ 75 (I think it’s the “D” model), the Glock 26/27, the Springfield XD, the Taurus PT111/140/145, the Taurus 24/7, the Keltec P11, shit it’s endless.

all of those have ambi controls? I know the 99 comes in a left hand, and I already have the M&P but thats not a compact.

i shot the cz75d… i have the 75… the 75 is too big to carry comfortably… i bet the D would be perfect… it’s cheaper than most guns and i’ve had luck with mine.

i really like glock 36’s… xd’s like 05xrunners are really comfortable and accurate… i really like the xd for sure… i was considering getting one until i realized he had one and so did our other buddy.

i’m going shopping tonight at anthony arms in west mifflin … i’ll report back if i find something that jumps out.

The Springfield can be had in ambi-safety.

There it is, front and center

the springfield xd is a damn nice gun, the palm grip safefy is a definite deal breaker though, it doesn’t function well for a left handed shooter. I’m liking the way that CZ75D compact looks. I’m going to have to find one to test drive.

Cant beat the Glock 19 for carry gun. 9mm is proven and hi-cap mags hold an ass load of ammo if you ever need it.

I personally carry the Glock 19 if I carry… Have had since turned 21

I have the Glock 19, S&W99 (Walther P99), S&W 357 and 22 revolvers, A few shotguns, and an AK47

I can teach/show you how to resolve that beavertail problem. It involves making the spur on the beavertail stick out more (with an aftermarket part) or changing your grip (you high-grip like I do, I have the same problem with any beavertail, so I usually just pin them).

I carry a peee shooter

I’d be interested, any info on where you can get that part?

I am not a fan of those short barrel large rounds.
I mean with a 3" .45 you are loosing a good bit of accuracy and more importantly FPS. If i would go a shorty like the XD 3" probably be the 9mm MAYBE the 40cal. Plus the comfort of a small grip in your hand and a large caliber isnt the best either I dont think. I like my 4" it hides nice and is accurate and the recoil off the 40 is very mild. Then again I use to shoot a 50cal DE and S&W 500 8" and 4" all the time at Anthony’s :slight_smile:
My best outting with the DE to date
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/Target.jpg

my dads friend has a 500 s&w magnum pistol. i refuse to shoot it lol that thing is a beast!! loudest most insane pistol i have seen yet.

Wich one 8" or the 4" one
Funny thing is…the 4" is easier to control because of its ports are very well designed…the 8" is harder because of all the forward weight kinda makes it feel like it wants to sag…Either one both have less of a recoil then the DE 50

Last time I checked I’ve got a good shot but I don’t believe in guns.

are you a lefty, or is the gun ambidextrous?

I am right handed…its ambi.

its not fully ambi though :-/

The S&W M&P and the H&K USP are fully ambi though.

This is a quote directly from the Custom Shop at Springfield Armory, XD mod:

High hand relief modifications to frame w/extended beavertail $175.00

…pricey way of doing it. I’ll look to see if Brownells has just a replacement part.

The XD mag release is ambi from what I remember. The safety is definitely ambi: left index finger, or right index finger works equally well, as does left palm or right palm? :smiley: