Lifters/ Gym Rats...step inside

1 of them. She lives with a guy and girl.

Benching 225 is not weak at all. You do realize that over 99% of the male population cannot bench press their own bodyweight?

There’s a really big difference between putting “weight” on and putting “muscle” on.

Take 2 guys who lift. One weighs 200lbs and is lean. The other weighs 225 and is kinda soft in the middle. Tell them they each have to hit 210lbs in 2 weeks.

Guess which one will get there?

I’m pretty active, I workout 5 times a week for about 2 hours at a shot for about 3 years now. I don’t use anything except walmart protein. I’ve tried a few supplements in a past and I feel that they work to an extent but always caused problems I didn’t want. It’s almost like I was getting big too fast and my body couldn’t take it so I end up with back problems or shoulder injuries that just set me back.
my weight never changes, I’m 5’10 175lbs. (maybe 180 on protein), my body fat changes like crazy but never my weight.

Brah no offense but it is not the supps that are causing your problems i promise. At 175lbs you are hardly getting too big too fast for anything. You are DEFFINATLEY overtraining if you are in the gym for two hours at a time. Three years of solid training and diet should have someone looking like a monster.

I know there is a difference between putting muscle vs fat on. Optimum growth is around 10 percent body fat. I don’t mind putting some fat on since it allows for more of a mechanical advantage. This is for my own personal benefit. Cougar speed says it the best its all about discipline.

I didn’t say diet :smiley: (but I do eat better) and I have gotten pretty drastic results. I’ve dropped like 9% bodyfat and I can bench/squat well over 100lbs more than I could 2 years ago. I would also add that I’m probably doing cardio / abs for 1/3 of that two hours throw in time to stretch and be social in reality I’m probably actively lifting or whatever my key activity is for an hour at most.

my program is basically:
monday chest
tuesday legs
wednesday back/biceps
thursday dedicated cardio
friday shoulders/triceps
every day includes cardio (running, swimming etc) and abs.

That and personal goals really. Its simply not some people objective to be lean, or strong, or whatever. For example i workout for the looks great naked rason so even offseason i stay pretty lean and do some cardio which will hurt my mass and strength results. But you could have a powerlifter who lifts using a strength related routine and diet who will put on mass much faster then I especiall over a year or two. Everyone dosent lift for the same goal which people lose sight of sometimes is what im saying. Plus in the arguement its still relative to the person now that i think about it. I was thinking about cutting and when someone is say 7-8%BF how much of a bitch it is just to drop another pound of fat. But i still think its in most cases easier to drop fat over gain mucsle.

Yea after i responded i realized you are probably including cardio. But i still dont think its the supps causing injury. I know whevever im getting joint and shoulder pains its almost always directley related to volume. But im also not saying i think people really need supps either. I personally use whey,creatine, and waxy maize starch(when bulking). Sometimes i will take BCAA’s or a NO product but just for the sake of tying it. OH and dont forget a good multi vitamin!!!

I hear you… it’s probably some correlation between pushing myself harder when I was on creatine…

Yea that could be it. I love creatine personally I can tell the difference in recovery when im not taking it. I tried a greman high volume workout program for some time and it was like 25+ sets per bodypart. I liked it and saw some gains but my joints were beat and i couldnt handle it more then about a month. But everyone is different with that as well. Have you tried fish oil to help joint and shoulder pains?

Most of my bodybuilder friends who compete, use very little supplements, aside from the …um…well ya know kind. They ALL take a multi-vitamin though. Some swear by creatine, some won’t touch it with a 10-foot pole, but all have tried it. They also all take some sort of protein, and add a fat burner during the last 4 weeks of their cutting phase.

I feel the same way. But i dont use a fat burner while cutting because they mane me feel sick and get all jittery. Although im sure they are leaning out much more then i do as well. Like i said i generally try some supps mostly just for the fuck of it. I will say i like some of the pre workout ones not because i think the help me build muscle but ive tried a few that really do give you a ton of energy. Do you know what fat burners they use off hand? Im about to start cutting again and might try one out this year. IM GOING TO BE FUCKING RIPPED!!!

Also i forgot to menton the fact that nobody using gear really ever uses any supp besides protein and im sure some of the take a carb supp as well or just drink gatorade or something. It wouldnt make any sense because when you are on the gear. Ive never done any gear but im thinking of trying a legal pro-hormone stack next winter. Do you know anyone who has trued any of them. Im looking at Havoc or Jungle Warfare but i need to do more research on the subject first.

no, but somebody else recommended that… any thing to look for or avoid?

Personally i know people who swear by the crap but i dont take it. I just reduce volume for a week or two or give it a few days off if in hurting. Reason being I HATE SEAFOOD and when i tried taking fish oil i would burp and taste fish. Its was so nasty i couldnt take it. My dad swears by some stuff called flexamin i think. I have a bottle of it in my room im going to take it when i start cutting because my workouts are more grueling while cutting for sure and i run 25+miles a week.

This is one of my best friends pre-contest preps. He was BY FAR the most ripped person in his class, but his leg size wasn’t up to par, he had only trained them for a year or so prior to the show. He came in 3rd out of 11 or so at the Mr. Buffalo, lighthvy class. He doesn’t list the exact fat burner he used, but he does mention that he used one. I will ask him later tonight and post it up. He also doesn’t mention the multi-vitamin but I am positive he takes one. This diet is strict as hell, but it still allows you to cheat right up until one-week out from a show. I’ll try to find a pic also.

glucosamine and chondroitin for joint pains.

Ok, I just talked to him about the fat burner and multi-vitamin he used.

Fat burner: ECA, i was scratching my head on this one. Then he told me it’s Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin, stacked together. He said 3 tabs of ephedrine 2 aspirin, and 500mg of caffiene. Basically he would drink 2 cups of coffee and 5 tabs.

Multi-vitamin: He didn’t tell me the brands or whatever, but he took a regular multi (like centrum), vitamin b12, vitamin a and vitamin e, on a daily basis.

I have heard a ton of good things about the ECA stack and i might give it a shot in a few weeks.