limiter!

How come the S13 auto ECU disallows cruise control?

Any other side effects of using an auto ECU in a manual S13?

I’ve been meaning to get one for a while.

i have a band new greddy speed cut eliminator for sale if anyone wants to properly remove their speed cut.

Have you used it on your S13? Does it eliminate the 4th & 5th rev limiters as well as the speed limiter (ECU) itself?

It sounds interesting, i’d be really curious to see how Greddy wires it or designs it to operate.

Asking price?

i would be interested in the price hopefully if it works good for me we can arrange something asap. . btw the stock new civics i owned one last night. and again that limiter stoped me at 185…

does anyone know how to wire those… i know it has 3 wires, one for ground, one for power, and i don’t know where to hook the last wire

does anyone know how to wire those… i know it has 3 wires, one for ground, one for power, and i don’t know where to hook the last wire[/quote]

Actually… I belive their are 4 wires…

Power & Ground and and then a Signal Wire for the speed reading (there are two). What you do is cut the Speed Signal wire going into the ECU and you attach “one” end to the one wire “on the Greddt Unit” and the other end to the last wire (reason for this is the speed signal needs to enter into the Greddy Device “where it alters the signal”) then spits it into the ECU.

i live in ottawa but if anyone has an auto ecu what price u looking for and i would need shipping cost aswell .
thank you in advance

here do this first… pull up your ebrake, clutch in, put your car in 5th, and try to rev past 5000, you will see it doesnt let you (obviously your holding the clutch in), unplug 5th gear sensors and you will see that it does let you rev past 5000… put a switch on that and the speed sensor and you will be able to pass 180 in 4th, switch to 5th and have no speed limiter… it will work sometimes and sometimes wont depending on car, so dont waste your time…

buy a greddy speed cut… putting in auto ecu into a 5spd car is gehtto imo… ecu’s are designed for cars specifically. you never know what else it might have programmed into it different from a 5spd in terms of engine operation… ecu will cost you what 20-50 bucks, greddy speed cut 80-100 bucks on ebay, i think greddy speed cut for the win

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4711/picture4526edit8xj.jpg

4 wires, grnd, power, pin32 in, pin32 out… wire directly at ecu, fast and easy… no dirty work under the car

If you want a cheaper solution, Paul at Neetronics makes a speed cut eliminator. Works just like the GReddy one in scrambling the speed signal to the ECU beyond 170kh/h. Speedo, rev limiter, speed sensors and cruise control will all still work and no wires have to be cut this way.

It’s just cheaper than the GReddy one and built here in Ontario. Give them a call and speak to Andy if you want one.

905-602-1949
www.neetronics.com

My s14 seems to be a little different from all of yours. It’s a 95 5spd ka24de and it cuts out at: 200kph @5800rpm. A lot of people say that their cars will only rev to 6800rpm but i’ve gotten mine to 7100. Stock internals and all. . . any ideas?