Local S4

It’s all good. Hope you get what you want for it…

Anyone seriously interested THIS CAR IS SPOTLESS!!! If you know Justin you know how anal he is about his baby!!! Dont sell the s4 rims though i want em!!! I’ll trade ya the 360! And i had no idea this thing had a built tranny :tup: This car is gorgeous, mint, and should be good fow low 12’s high 11’s with a good tune!

Car is Gone.

:tantrum: did the s4 rims go also?

did they guy with 2/3 negative feedback buy it lol

Yup, Paid $500 cash. That’s all I wanted for them.

Yeah. He drove here yesterday. Him and his wife went to Niagra Falls and made a mini vacation out of it, lol.

AWW WTF SHITTY DICKS

I hope he gave you cash and not a MO or something so you don’t get fucked 6 days down the road…

Cashiers check.

Nice. It feels good to sell a car doesn’t it? Did he ever find out about the accidents lol?

Yes it does, and yes I told him before he came out (he came from Chicago) and he already had a CarFax on it in his hand when he showed up.

cashiers checks are fairly easy to forge…

but sometimes it feels so good/bad to finally lose a car.

I put them in the bank yesterday, and they went in no problem. He had to do more than one because they would not let him do more that 5K on one check. If they are fake would the bank know immediately? I went to the bank with the checks before I let him take the car thinking I was covering myself.

i seem to recall reading that they can take a few days to clear, then you’re fucked.

They can be forged and you won’t find out until a few days after it’s deposited. But from what you mentioned the guy you sold it to sounds legit and I wouldn’t worry about it. Banks are probably aware of these scams and will mention it to you if they think the check is fake. In fact, when I was there at the bank yesterday I had to have them call up GE to confirm my corporate card was legit since they had never seen one before.

Got any extra parts laying around I might want?

yep you should still let the check sit cleared for a few days.

You can also call the bank of issue and make sure it’s a legit check, then if it’s fake you can just get the fraud machine rolling with the bank.

Tell the guy to come pick the car up and have the popo waiting for him.:rubicant:

I do, but I am going to sell them on AudiForums. I have an extra OEM RS4 MAF, Green top injectors, and a few other little things, I need to go through the garage and find them all first though.

He picked it up yesterday. And there was a number printed on the back of the check he asked me to call it if I needed to verify the funds. I just figured the bank would spot a fake when I deposited it, so I just went a deposited them. It cleared in the bank by the end of the day. So all looks good as of now.

A bank does not spot a fake easy Justin because the ones that are fake look/clear initially just like a normal one, it’s after a few days that when the funds clear is it 100% legit or bogus. Some banks can call the other bank and verify the account but that can also be forged.

I wouldn’t worry about it since he didn’t ask you to ship it to Nigeria :lol:

When selling vehicles I only give the title to the person on the spot if it’s a cash transaction or wire, if it’s a check I will make sure it clears before giving the title over.