Look what I bought! (Again!)

Well, for the second time in 2 weeks, look what I bought:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Southtowns27/61%20Tucker/61Tucker.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Southtowns27/61%20Tucker/61Tucker2.jpg

This time it’s a 1961 Tucker 443A. Runs and drives. I’m not planning on keeping this one for long though. I’m hopefully trading it for my friend’s 1978 Tucker 1642 which is a rubber tracked machine as opposed to the steel “ladder” tracks on this one. He’s wanted a “sedan” (van) Tucker for a long time and I want a rubber tracked machine. Besides, I already own a ladder track Tucker. Should be an even trade I hope. If not, I can always sell this one for more than I paid for it. :slight_smile:

u have such cool shit, im jealous lol :tup:

OMG that thing is all that is man…awsome

what do you do with these things?

Whatever I want…lol

LOL its funny cuz its true. The question would be what CANT you do with these things…

Looks pretty cool, first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was The Shining. :gotme:

Thats awesome. Where do you find these things?

Me too

WTF r u building? a tank battalion?

Awesome, give r hell:pimp:

Do you also collect machine guns and cannons?

Interesting collection you have going there

Well, give some ideas on what you WOULD use them for

time to tear up pavement more than homer simpson with chains on his tires and a piano on the roof lol. “whoo hoo, look at that asphalt fly!”

Brian

We (my fiance and I) run a maple syrup operation out here in the boonies. We need the tracked machines to access the sugarbush to collect the maple sap and to transport it back to the sugarshack to be boiled down into syrup. It’s a lot of work, but it’s a good time…especially since there’s really nothing else to do around here in the late winter/early spring, more commonly referred to as “mud season.” It’s too warm to ski and still too cold to do anything else.

So give me an idea on what kinda engine these badboys use. Is it really as much of a powerhouse as everyone makes it out to be?

Thats pretty sick would love to have one of those.

:beer2:
Love real maple syrup.If ya ever come through G.I. Bring some with you and I’ll buy it.
Derek

It has a Chrysler Industrial 265 cubic inch flathead 6 cylinder in it. They’re rated at 115 HP. Tons of power, no, but the old flattie makes gobs of torque which is what is important in a machine like this. Peak torque is something like 280 ft/lbs at 1600 RPM. You want low end torque, it has it. They don’t go fast (15 MPH max recommended), but they have a drawbar pull of 4100 lbs. So basically, it goes nowhere fast, but it will tow a battleship on the way there.