Look what I bought! (Again!)

That was a guess…I’m very familiar with sno equipment. I’m a heavy equipment mechanic for a ski area so I have literally thousands of hours operating over the snow equipment and probably more time working on it. I’ve run everything from a Pisten Bully Park Bully to Thiokol Sprytes to LMC 3700’s to old Tuckers.
Actually just today, I spent 6 hours in an LMC 3700CFS then went to work changing a flexplate in a 3700C. The flexplate is the coupling between the engine flywheel and the splitter box for the hydraulic pumps. It’s a fun part to get to.

Someone else inquired how an old Tucker would do in the mud…
Mud would destroy the tracks. If you look close at the pictures of the machine, check out the tracks. There are 78 small rollers per track that revolve around the outside of the pontoon. Any abrasive material destroys the roller and the bearings inside it. They are nearly $100 a piece. Also, the track is held together with pins and if dirt gets in the pins it causes severe wear very quickly to both the pins and the track links. You can’t get new pins or links. When they wear out, it’s game over.