lost/stolen plate

My plate broke off at some point and there is only about 1" where the bolts go through to hold it on, not enough to even make it recognizable as a plate really. Can I go to the dmv and say it was stolen and get a new plate for whatever bs charge they have, or will I need an incident report of some sort saying it’s been stolen? I drove about 35 miles home with no plate on the dirtbike that night and didn’t get pulled over, not really sure how that’s possible :lol I know I passed atleast 1 trooper on 90

You can try taking what is left of it to DMV and they MIGHT accept it. Or, you can go to wherever your local law enforcement is and make out a lost/stolen plate form. Take that to DMV and you should not have a problem.

Funny same thing happened to my Drz. I was cleaning it the other day and noticed that something is different about the back. Plate was gone.

No idea if it was stolen or fell off, nor do I know how long I was plateless for.

Just gotta go to DMV and get a new plate number and pay plate fee.

$16.50 for the dmv fee, had gpd fill out a form for lost/stolen plate. was cake, thanks mgs4me