Lowered F-Bodys

I can get a really good deal on springs and struts right now and was wondering if anyone has thoughts on lowering my trans am.

I go to the drag strip 3-5 times a season because i read that the stock springs are probably the best but seeing it takes less then a hour to change them out I could just switch but does any one have there F body lowered… Any problems?

very quick to change the backs… the fronts not so quick. Header clearance is the main thing after lowering.

thats what i was also reading but I head yes and no on that… I seen pics of guys with true duals and they had no problem but then some guys with longtubes are about a inch of the ground… just seeing if anyone on here is having issues

Ground clearance in general after lowering… I scraped the fuck outta my airdam, headers, and a little on the nose at stock height in mine.

i drove my v6 camaro with almost 2in drop… its a pain a little but im looking more at the performance aspect

Performance wise, spend your $$ elsewheres…

Unless you’ve already replaced all the other suspension parts, spend your $$ there. Lot more bang-for-the-buck. If you trully want performance then get a set of coil-overs and springs from somewhere like Thunder Racing.

well i dont expect performance , i mean more hurting my performance…
im paying less then a 100 dollars for this set and its just about brand new

what brand are they? mine is lowered and i know you’ve seen it. yes it scrapes but i wouldn’t trade it for a stock ride height. it will hurt performance at the track due to weight transfer. Do not get eibach sportlines. they are brutal unless matched with a good set of shocks (koni sa, da or the revalved strano’s).

qa1 coil overs :tup:

x2 Qa1s with qa1 drag springs

qa1s shocks suck, anything is better. strange are cheaper and a way better shock, that dosn’t blow out every 2 years.

what headers, Ypipe, and torque arm do you have. thats gona limit how much you can lower and be fine.

Which springs and shocks were you thinking about?

If lower your car please don’t endlessly bitch about traction issues/wheelhop issues at the track if you don’t set it up right…

its a set of G2 lowering sprins, on stock shocks I believe.

I haven’t installed headers or anything yet, trying to soon.

so I’m guessing by lowering the car I’m going to have more traction issues? the car launches nicely now except for not hooking up.

My Trans Am isn’t lowered and I scrap going out of my driveway, haha
But I do have Super Comp Hookers 1 7/8 long tubes and a 7 quart oil pan plus kyb adjustables :gotme:

I would suggest headers before lowering it, but if it’s a good deal buy them up.

don’t lower it. Stock ride height FTW

you can’t shut your fucking trap can you?

Nice, those are great springs. I have a set, the only thing I will say though is stock decarbon’s are a pretty terrible match for them. They really require proper shocks like Koni yellows. KYB AGX’s won’t cut it either, a 2 inch drop is too much for them.

I dropped my SS and it was a nightmare to pull into parking lots and there were too many occasions where I puckered up when driving down the road… my advice is don’t do it.

i think these things sit to low as it is…im not saying they shouldnt be…i just dont understand how you can drive a lowered one…i had a bad experience lol…by the way nice sig.