LS1 in a 240sx?

What makes the T56 better than the POS ka/sr trannies?

And why are ka/sr trannies pieces of crap?

From what I know, it can handle loads more stress and TORQUE!!!

it’s a 6speed :wink:

search up gmc typhoon or syclone. i wanna see someone put that motor in.

4.3 turbo. mmm mmm.

you wanna talk about power…and its a v-6

chevy always has and always will be the world wide pick.

unless your an arrogant prick like a lot of people on here. and the best car is only his/her car.

The t56 in a viper can take more

it can handle loads more stress and torque because thats what it was built for.

sr/ka transmissions are built for…you guess it. the stress and torque of a ka/sr. nothing more.

240’s are a sports car? yea i guess. compared to a vette? not even close.

you can not compare a tranny out of a 500+ hp car that can handle up to i believe it is 1000hp and a bit less torque. to a 240…of any year or sub model.

period.

a t56 is a t56.

my 88 s-10 with a fuckin 2.8 has the same tranny as the god damn 5.0l mustangs. only difference is the mustang is a “world class” T5.

the T56’s are just that. from dodge to gm…the only difference would be sensors (the plugs) and MAYBE MAYBE the bell housing. but i highly doubt it.

and it you want a damn good sbc get a 383 stroker. mounds of torque.

or even a 355 LT1…4 bolt main = feed the bitch some boost.

wrong

the case construction, gears, synchros and shafts are diffrerent between vettes, vipers, and f-bodies

hell, even for a single model, for example in the viper, the internals differ slightly from year to year

so your telling me they are so “different” that you can not transfer between cars? hmm. thats weird…

Oh for fuck sakes. How hard is it to search? This has been going on for years.

And for all you idiots, yes idiots, who think it’s lighter than the KA. Yes I’m calling anyone who thinks this an idiot. Why? Because you can’t seriously think that an engine with more than twice the displacemnt, more than twice the amount of metal used, can be lighter than a 4banger.

The rods, pistons, and crank (which are most likely a high grade hardened steel) are going to weigh almost double that of the KA. Don’t forget, the tranny is bigger in dimensions and it has more internal parts. Thus not making it ANY lighter.

Oh here’s a link with the ACTUAL weights of the engines. There used to be pictures but I guess they were taken down…

http://www.engineswaptech.com/forums/thread/1186.aspx

Note:
KA = 330lbs
LS1 = 456 without the pallet

So, please stop thinking the LS1 is lighter because it’s aluminium.

These guys, http://www.painlessperformance.com/ make a wire harness kit to transplant a LS1.

who the hell said a sbc is lighter then a ka? i must’ve missed that.

^It’s in my quote…

I love this guy

It’s a general rule of thumb that anything “rogerthat240” posts is absolute shit.

I’m glad you’ve refuted him, he NEVER backs up his info.

you should consider keeping it nissan and drop in a vh45. If the ls1 is 456lbs then the by is lighter ( - ac and unused pully and bracket). The vh is a strong engine that does not get the recognition it deserves. The only bemafit to a small block chevy is that aftermarket parts are cheap and easy to get.

What does a ls1 red line at? Vh goes hard up to 7000rpm and with very little head work ( helper springs and shims) can be pushed to 9000rpm.
In NZ. The by is the engine of choice for raceing. It’s is like the SBC is here all the dirt track cars use them.

excuse the type o’s I am post in on my iPhone and it does this self correct thing by = vh.

LOL I may be mistaken in saying the vh is lighter it may be 510 when I was thinking 410. I will search for it when I get home and get on a real comp.

I’m trying to search around and find where I saw it. I do remember someone posting their car scaled with a ka24de then a ls1 with a t-56 transmission. The ratios were closer to 50/50 front and back and the front wheels didn’t have as much weight on them as compared to the ka24de. A lot of the weight is that t-56 transmission and the engine sitting so close to the firewall but its in a very good spot for making the car turn better (low middle of the car). But S13counterpart your right on the total weight of the transmission and engine.

With the engine sitting noiticably lower and further back in the chassis and a batt. relocation the weight distribution probably wont suffer, and may even come closer to 50/50 then stock as 3Vol said.

~200 extra lbs is nothing when you’ve just put down more then 250whp over a KA. Besides who here is going to be racing their car to the point that 126lbs is going to make a difference?

The Ls1 redlines between 6500-6800RPM I bleieve. Other LSx models redline higher. IE LS7.

I fully agree that the VH does not get the support it deserves. It is an amazing engine by far.
I believe the reason it hasn’t caught on is due to the lack of aftermarket support here in North America.

The LSx are also easier to wire up. And the ECU is pretty much a stand alone from the factory.

An LSx can be pushed to redline at 9k with high grade chromoly (or titanium) pushrods, vavle springs and retainers. The Racing C5 blocks redline ridiculously high like 9k or something.